cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the system role in Solman7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new in Solution Manager.so i want your valuable advice on my issue.

Actually we are using Solman7.1 SP10,The issue is that DE1 system is assign as QAS and the client requirement is to change the system role and make as sandbox(Evaluation ) or unit test system.

So,My question are:

1) what is the pre step and post step activities?

2) How can i change the system role with full steps?

3)The project is already running so it is possible to change the system role and no any effect on the project?

4)Is there any changes in transport route also?

Regards,

Abhinash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you change a logical component which is part of a ChaRM project, you will break the ChaRM project.

Please check http://scn.sap.com/people/dolores.correa/blog/2009/07/22/change-request-management-scenario-usual-qu... , point 6.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

ImtiazKaredia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

System role in Solution Manager (LMDB) has no relevance to transport routes.

You can change system role in LMDB transaction.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imtiaz,

Thank You

I know where we can change the system role but i want the proper step what is the pre step and post step ,where we should take a precaution.

Please share me if you have a any document related to this and also the screeshot.

Regards,

Abhinash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

first time when you assign role for managed system is during managed system configuration.

In first step (Assign product- Assign Logical components you need to choose system role).

For more details you can check pdf document:

https://websmp201.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012002523100009377912014E.pdf

Regards.

Monika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monika,

Thanks for reply but the system is already assigned as QAS system,My task is to change the system role as a Sandbox or unit test system.So the "Developer will do the testing part in sandbox system direct from CRM UI page.

So, My question are what is the step to change the system roles if the project is active.

also is there any pre & post step for this activities.

Regards,

Abhinash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please guide me.

Regards,

Abhinash