Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smoke test in SAP PI

maheswarareddykonda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to do smoke test in PI before go-live , can any one please suggest me what are things are related to this test.

if you provide any SAP NOTES related to smoke test , that would be very helpful.

Thanks ,

Maheswarareddy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maheswarareddy,

I doubt that SAP provides any tool for this in SAP Pi, mainly because the interfaces involved can be very different. However you can search in external tool help about this, for example if you have a SOAP sender interface Structuring Your Tests, if you have a sender file or sender jdbc you can try to search a good set of example.

On the other hand, only in my opinion, the smoke test should be done in development environment before to do you test plan in the quality system.

Regards.

maheswarareddykonda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply Inaki,

Readiness checks and Smoke test both are same?

i have reediness checks points,can you please share list of points related to Smoke test?

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Smoke test is nothing but run your interface once to check all configuration and obejcts are in place.

regards,

Harish

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maheswarareddy,

Readiness checks and Smoke test both are same?

For me it is not the same. Smoke test is done mainly in development environment to check there is not issues with connectivity, configuration issues, data problems, exceptions in determinated cases of mapping, and so on. It is the first stage of the tests.

However readiness test is done in the last stage of testing (What is Operational Readiness Test and how to perform ORT testing?). Talking in integration world, we have not final users, it is a set of tests with business (functional) tasks, thought for the particular scenario.

For me, only one kind of test more would be performed, depending the interface, for example in SOAP to proxy, to do tests with the application to generate that SOAP requests.

i have reediness checks points,can you please share list of points related to Smoke test?

As i said depends about your interface. For example for file sender, to test the read, delete and archive is done, if you use FCC check a basic case independent of the business rightness of the data; if you have a complex mapping a set of test that you can test each different alternative; and so on.

Regards.

Answers (0)