cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to provide Offline/disconnected SAP functionality?

Former Member
0 Kudos

A client has SAP ERP deployed at a single location with users accessing the SAP system from multiple sites - a fairly common situation but in this case they have significant communication problems between the various sites and the SAP system. As a result, they experience frequent outages which are obviously not acceptable. They are looking to resolve this problem and I am looking for ideas/comments on possible approaches.

What they need is offline or disconnected SAP functionality at each user location that can automatically synchronize with the main SAP system whenever connectivity is available. Building such a functionality from scratch for this client is obviously not a cost-effective solution. So, I am looking for off-the-shelf products that might help solve the problem - a couple of possibilities that I ran into that seem worthy of further investigation are -

• SAP Solutions for Mobile Business - need to look at this more to understand how seamless you can make the online/offline modes from a user perspective.

• SAP Interactive Forms by Adobe - this option looks less appealing as the online/offline modes are dramatically different from a user perspective

A key point is that the client is initially looking to make functionality from the SD, MM, and FI modules available in an offline mode.

I still have not googled adequately for other possible alternatives and will be doing so as well. However, I was wondering if there are any suggestions from SAP professionals on what may be good options for me to look at.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

SAP Solutions for Mobile Business enables enterprises to mobilize their existing investment through a universal platform and ready-made scenarios to all popular devices in both connected and disconnected environments.

<b>MI (Mobile Infrastructure) can be a good solution to the Business needs.</b>

SAP MOBILE SOLUTIONS:

mySAP PLM -

Mobile Asset Management

mySAP SRM-----Mobile Procurement

mySAP SCM-----Mobile time and travel.

SAP NetWeaver--Mobile BI,Mobile Warehouse Management.

mySAP CRM------Field Service,Field Sales,Mobile Direct Store Delivery.

Hope this information is helpful to some extent.

Cheers,

karthick

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

AjithC
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

As per your description, SAP Solutions for Mobile Business seems to fit your requirements.

As far as I know there is no SAP mobile application available in SD, MM, and FI modules. But making a new application using SAP Netweaver Mobile is very easy.

You can have a look at this link for more details..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/a8/64b54cf975904da6f0ef47298cf433/frameset.htm

Regards

Ajith Chandran