Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can one (URL) web service has multiple service interfaces

praveen_vanga3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

My scenario will be webservice to proxy.

when ever third party triggers single URL then whatever services interfaces defined in ESR should be called. In ID I do have only one sender agreement but it has three service interfaces when I generate a WSDL or URL , is that capture all service interfaces in URL. third party consumes webservice with URL . are they able to trigger based on service interface to send data.

Thanks

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why dont you to create 3 aggrements with 3 different service interfaces?

praveen_vanga3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

if I create 3 agreements and with 3 different service interfaces , we can have three different URL but third party system is looking for single URL to trigger each service interface.

Thanks

Praveen

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Praveen,

So what exactly is your requirement?three interfaces in the sense all are of different structures.

If the structures are similar try creating a combination of all and split them in PI based on condtion

praveen_vanga3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

All structures are same, WS team will schedule to trigger each of them in different timings. Even though if it's a same structure  data will vary.

For scheduling purpose only we have 3 services interfaces. data depends on each schedule. if the first one will scheduled today at 6.30 and it will update the data in ECC. Again second service interface will triggered on same day at 8 pm . we need to update data sequentially.

Thanks

Praveen

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Better to create three operations with one service interface as Inaki already mentioned. It will be single WSDL with three different operations, third party can call each operation separately.

Kind Regards,

Praveen.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

Since the data is coming sequentially based on time, Why you need three interfaces.?

The same interface can be used right

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

As Raghu mentioned, even i don't understand why you require 3 different interfaces, when the structure of the data coming is same and only the data varies.

Do you need to do some different transformation (mapping) based on the data coming? Then you can use 3 different operations and there is no need of three different interfaces.

Regards,

Nitin

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praneen,

Provide the URL like below if you want to mention your SI separately -

http://<public IP of your server>:<port>/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet&&sap-user=<username>&&sap-password=<password>?version=3.0&Sender.Service=<sender Business service/component>&Interface=<sender namespace>^<sender service interface>

Thanks,

Apu

maheswarareddykonda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
In ID I do have only one sender agreement but it has three service interfaces when I generate a WSDL or URL , is that capture all service interfaces in URL.

your question seems confusion , can u explain more?

against one sender agreement you can use one sender service interface only , not more

if you are considering receiver service interfaces also then , those you no need to consider whether those comes to URL ...any way those wont come.

if you are thinking to send different interfaces depending on data , you can make condition in Interface determination.

if you are thinking to send different servers depending on data , you can make condition in receiver determination.

praveen_vanga3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Maheswar,

sender and receivers are only one.

1.with single URL, can we trigger  different service interfaces (a, b, c ) which are maintained in ESR?

Thanks

praveen

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I think if you don't want to change your current interfaces one solution could be to develop a new interface SOAP to SOAP in this new scenario you can go to your other 3 interfaces basing the receiver determination (or ICO receivers) with the payload. I mean, you can have a general part with information about the receiver and the payload for that service.

Regards.

maheswarareddykonda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess if you create different service interface its very tough to frame URL and share to them.

though you can create all structure in common service interface and generate single URL and then share with WS team, they can trigger data depending on which structure they want send.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I think the best way is to have multiple operations instead of multiple service interfaces:

Regards