cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch between direct and XI proxy communication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am creating a proxy scenario where a message has to be delivered from system A to system B through XI without having any mapping or special routing inside XI.

XI is just a pass through.

So far so good I have implemented 2 message interfaces under the same namespace under the same software component version MI_XXX_IN an MI_XXX_OUT.

I have implemented the proxys in both systems and the scenario works perfectly.

Then thinking about a backup solution for the scenario I thought about the possibility to directly route the message from A towards system B.

Obviously in the scenario described above when the message from A directly reach XI it fails, cause no proxy class is implemented in the target system for MI_XXX_OUT.

Infact when having proxy comm. through XI it was changed to MI_XXX_IN.

So I thought about creating a message interface with the same name (one as inbound and one as outbound) and with the same namespace under 2 different software component.

In this way both direct and through XI communications works. But I am getting a warning message when creating the objects inside the repository as by documentation (<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/a3/cc132914cf41e4a193c32627a87542/frameset.htm">Repository Namespaces</a>).

Do you have any experience/suggestions on this issue or another possible solution?

At the moment I am thinking about going back to the original solution to avoid any future issue.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you want the proxies to talk directly without XI, you have to expose both as webservices. Then you the client proxy calls the server proxy using a logical port.

This in only possible for synchronous proxies.

Check this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/9b/dad1ae3908ee44a5caf57e10918be9/frameset.htm

Regards

Stefan

Answers (0)