Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to start System after System ID rename

former_member194780
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I have renamed the hana system ID from HDB --> HDD using the HDBLCM.. The system is renamed successfully and its reflected in my HANA studio..But when I check the "HDB info", the name/index servers are not running..I need to manually do a HDB start everytime..

Ideally it should be HDD info , HDD start , HDD stop..But its throws "command line does not exist"...Need your inputs

-Avinash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lucas_oliveira
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Avinash,

Your assumption not correct. The console command is 'HDB <option>' and that will not change after renaming your system id.

BRs,

Lucas de Oliveira

former_member194780
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Lucas,

I use AWS for starting the instance..What could be the reason for the system to not start automatically after renaming ?.. I am currently manually doing it using the HDB command..

-Avinash

lucas_oliveira
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Maybe you have Autostart set to '0' on your hana profile. Check out the official documentation on that:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_hanaplatform/helpdata/en/cb/2374f8bb571014b5a5853a3bf45c4c/content.htm

Change it to 1 and it should be ok.

BRs,

Lucas de Oliveira

former_member194780
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Great !!

Thanks a lot Lucas

former_member194780
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lucas,

I am facing another issue after HDB System Rename..

When I create a SDA remote source or XS SMTP configuration I get the below error..

SecStoreFsWrapper.cpp(00099) : DPAPI-Rootkey cannot be read from SecStoreFS (internal error)

Crypto           KeyMgmtApi.cpp(00686) : Error when trying to get the primary DPAPI-Rootkey: RootKeyStoreReader::read(): SSFS-3600: Record "HDB_SERVER/DPAPI" was inserted with an encryption key that was different from the current one; when you still know the old one, you can try the "migrate" operation of the "rsecssfx" utility (RootKeyStoreReader::read(): SSFS-3600: Record "HDB_SERVER/DPAPI" was inserted with an encryption key that was different from the current one; when you still know the old one, you can try the "migrate" operation of the "rsecssfx" utility) ..Need your help

-Avinash 

Answers (0)