cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot import Excel Import Extension along with Requriement model or conceptual data model

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have attached Excel import Extension along with Requirement model and successfully imported the data from excel but Powerdesigner gets stuck for hours when ever I try to checkin the Excel Import Extension along with the model into the repository. I tried to uncheck the Excel Import Extension during the checkin process and tried to check in and the model checks in fine into the repository. I tried the same with conceptual and logical model and the same problem persist. It differs with the physical model though, when I created a new physical model and attached the Excel import extension, the model again checks in fine.

Does anyone know why this scenario is happening? and why it is only particular to certain type of models?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

GeorgeMcGeachie
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I haven't seen this behaviour myself, but there is an easy way of avoiding it - detach the Excel Import extension before you check in the model. Your 'Excel Import' objects will all change the 'Extended Objects' when you do this, but that won't do any harm, just re-attach the extension whenever you need to.

Have you embedded the extension into the model, or is it attached via an external file? Whichever you're doing, you could try the opposite. In the Browser, you can tell whether or not the extension is embedded. In the example below, the Excel Import extension is not embedded, as indicated by the shortcut arrow on the symbol. The other extension is embedded in the model.

Whatever happens, raise a support case with SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you George for the reply. Yeah, so, that is how I checked in the models which were creating the issues with Excel Import or the extension that I have created. I did a POC by embedding the extensions while creating a new model and by attaching them via Model-->Extensions-->Attach an Extension. Either way I couldn't check in the models along with Extensions. Though the issue is minor, each time when I need to modify conceptual, logical, requirement model I have to manually attach the corresponding extension such as Excel import which I feel is quite tedious.

former_member185199
Contributor
0 Kudos

I used ExcelImportExtention  heavily under PD 16.1 and never had a Problem check in a model.

This might be a bug in your version

HTH

DJ

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dirk for the reply. I just acknowledged for the old conceptual and logical models, the check in with the extensions happened without any hassle. I am assuming this is a fair new observation, because of an issue or a missing thing that I am trying to figure out.