cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDM 8 Transport document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a separate Transport Guide for IDM 8?

The IDM 8 Config Guide refers a link that leads to Version 7.2 Revision 7 of the Implementation Guide - Transport. And no date is referenced.

Thanks much for your help.

Best regards,

Ashok Azhagiri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

There is no Transport Guide document created for IDM 8. Configuration packages and schema  are exported, transported and imported as simple XML files.

Best wishes,

Fedya

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One system is not at all like the others

jrondorf
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Fedya,

as the transport mechanism is really different from 8.0 to 7.2, I also suggest to write a transport guide.

- WD Transport not available any more in 8.0

- With this, eclipse is required all the time in production

Thanks and regards, Jannis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the confirmation Fedya!

In this case then, as Jannis has noted, Eclipse client access is required in all landscapes. The Admin UI does not have the Transport tab available anymore, which now makes sense.

I think the documentation needs to be sanitized -- my client also found some misdirection with the UI install guide that pointed to the 7.1 UI sca file, which they followed diligently and installed and of course ran into trouble and went berserk troubleshooting before I started on the project. Although logically they realized that they had to stick to the 8.0 download, they wanted confirmation from SAP and waited for their OSS message to be confirmed.

All the best,

Ashok

Answers (0)