cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCI - Not overwrite one attribute

former_member288194
Participant

Hi all,

Using HCI, I want to update most attributes from my Master Data on a monthly basis.

But for some other attributes of the same Master Data, I want to keep the values stored in IBP.

For example, in Master Data Product, I don't want to overwrite the attribute ABC classification (which was previously calculated by the IBP operator).

My first idea was to not map this attribute in my integration flow with an insert_update job but, even so, the values are overwritten with a Null.

The only option I can see is :

1) Export IBP Master Data into a flat file

2) Run my insert_update job using my flat file in a lookup to map this particular attribute.

Would anyone have a better idea how to do this?

Thanks and regards,

Pierre

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Pierre,

Your approach is correct, I don`t see other option as HCI cannot read from target tables.

Just group MD export together with import task into one process to ensure that second one is executed after download is completed.

I had a similar solution approach for KF load. I will share my scenario as you might find it useful.

I had to completely replace last 3 months (so wipe out everything before inserting), while INSERT_UPDATE for the remaining past horizon. I could not simply use the task with batch command REPLACE restricted to the last 3 months as this option replaces only the values for the combinations that overlap.

So I created a 3 step solution:

1) outbound data flows to download all values for the last 3 months

2) then i used the outbound file into an inbound data flow to write NULL for all combinations

3) run task in INSERT_UPDATE mode for the entire horizon

Regards

Alecsandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree with Alecsandra, we have also used the same approach, export, lookup - Join, Update.

When you are exporting the data, use Core table and not staging table as source.

Thanks,

Purav

Answers (0)