cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approach for making a feild conditionaly mandatory in WBS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to make RA Key Mandatory on the Level 2 WBS in the structure for only a particular project profile. what should be the right approach for this?

a) via PS validations

b) Define field selection configuration

I believe a) is possible, was not sure if such conditional requirement is possible via Field selection configuration too?

Thanks,

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I recommend validation, because it is more flexible for changes in Production.  Specially if you use sets you can structure validation the way it can be changed without transports.

Regards,

Paulo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

When creating Validation, when I create a message class and save, it its defaulting the package as $tmp.

What package should I otherwise use from standard list  or do I create Z package for PS validations alone?

Should the developers create this Z Package or can I just create it myself.

Thanks,

Krishna

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

To be able to transport you need a Z package.  Does not matter who does it, but usually developers.

Normally you have one per module, like ZPS, ZCO, ZFI, etc.

Regards,

Paulo

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna Raj,

Yep, validation can be more easier which can be written by t code OPSI and assigning the same to respective project profile.

But if you want to achieve this by some other way then:

User interface settings--> field selection for WBS can also be very helpful.

Go to t code OPUK and make Result analysis Key as required entry and double click and choose level and project profile and assign new values.  For level, new value would be 2 and for project profile , new value would be respective project profile. and make both level and project profile as required entry and save the changes and test.

This task would take very less time too.

I hope this must help you.

Let me know if you need any help on that either on validation or user interface settings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

After selecting RA Key in OPUK don't you think if we select for Level 2 mandatory, then it would make it mandatory for all Level 2s for all profiles. I am not sure if we can make it for a unique combination of RA Key mandatory for Both L2 and unique profile combination.

Because there are other profiles where RA Key is only display in OPUK

Regards,

Krishna

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

validation is best option for level two WBS.

himalya_vashistha
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

As Paulo suggested PS validation is best option for this.

With selection configuration you can only go with one condition either project profile or WBS level.

Hope it helps.

Thanks