cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create customizing filters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am now using Lumira Desktop 1.28. Here is the question that I came across in recent days.

There are many people in our project, and they belong to different teams. I have a file listing their IDs and teams. I created a column chart to show the number of people in every team. Now I only want to show teams with more than 20 people. Could you please kindly suggest how I can create a filter to do this?

Thank you and have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Haiying

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Haiying,

In the Visualize room you can apply a rank to a calculated measure. You can do a "top" or "bottom" filter.

In order to get greater than, however, I used conditional formatting + a filter.

See screenshots below:

Note: per the SAP Lumira roadmap there are enhancements planned for filtering and ranking.

For now, the above solution is what I would recommend. There may be other ways to do this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Geoff,

Thank you so much for your suggestion and demonstration. I’ve already succeed in filter specific teams based on calculated measures.

But here I found another problem. When I choose Column Chart to visualize my data, everything works just fine. When I switch to Stacked Column Chart, conditional formatting is no longer available. So I am thinking about another scenario, what if I want to filter on calculated measure while using Stacked Column Chart?

Here is an example:

My source data is about people in my project. Everyone has a unique ID and is allocated to a team. There are 3 columns in my source data, ID, Team and Location. The Location column contains the following three values: South, North and Other.

Here I would like to visualize my data using Stacked Column Chart. I can create a measure using "ID" ( aggregation: count(all) ). Then I put Team in X Axis, calculated measure in Y Axis, and put Location under Color. At this moment, I also want to filter the data by the calculated measure that I created just now, and only display teams with more than 20 people.

Do you have any suggestions on how to do this in Lumira?

Thanks and Best Regards,

Haiying

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Change aggregation method count(distinct). Then put Team in X Axis, calculated measure [count(distinct)] in Y Axis, and put Location under Color.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Thank you for your suggestion.

I am afraid that it make no difference whether I choose count(distinct) or count(all). As long as I am using Stacked Column Chart, conditional formatting is not available. I still cannot filter the data by calculated measure.

Best Regards,

Haiying

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just a small correction u need to do. create a measure using Team (count(distinct))

0 Kudos

Conditional formatting is not yet supported for Stacked Column Charts.

It is only supported for Cross-tab, line, time series, and pie.  Support for other chart types is planned.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To filter you go to prepare phase.

Select the field to be filtered, using Grid menu icon.

Select filter

in filter select between and give start and end range (End range should be max).

Apply

former_member188586
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hI

TRY with bellow document once then you may understand

--Ramudu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you so much for the document you shared. My problem still exists. Details are as below:

In Prepare room, there are only 2 columns, ID and Team. I don't have "Number of team members" listed in my original data.

In Visualize room, in order to show the number of people in every team, I created a measure using "ID" ( aggregation: count(all) ). And created a column chart to show the number of people in every team. After that, all teams were listed in the X Axis. Now I want to filter the data by the measure that I created just now, and only display the teams with more than 20 people.

Could you please kindly provide some suggestions?

Thanks and Regards,

Haiying

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Follow the steps what i've said, this will solve your problem.