Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDT problem after Windows Update

jeff_crisp
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am just curious if anyone else has experienced this issue:

We had a couple computers that had some windows updates applied to them and now our IDT will not open.  If we had a .blx or .dfx tab open in IDT, then it will crash\close immediately on open.  If no tabs were open, then IDT will open just fine, but when you do to double-click on a .blx or .dfx from the Local Projects then IDT crashes\closes.  Same happens if you try to open files from the project sync tab.

We have found that we can open .cns files if IDT will open.

Has anyone experienced this recently and how did you get around it?

I am running IDT 4.1 SP6.  Build 14.1.6.1702.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail.

Let me know what (if any) further information I might be able to provide to diagnose this issue.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

We are experiencing the same problem in the  same environment. Problem started to occur right after win update and we are running I am running IDT 4.1 SP6.

I have deleted the .businessobjects working folder, but when it was re-created we were still having the same problem.

Also tried with multiple users, but same issue.

Next will attempt on a machine that didnt do a WIN update and provide feedback

jeff_crisp
Explorer
0 Kudos

Jayant,

We have found that people who have not completed the windows update yet, are still about to work with IDT without issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jeff.

FYI ..I uninstalled the WIN security updates for 11/12/2015 and that seemed to have resolved the issue as I am now able to open the .blx or .dfx

jeff_crisp
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hey Jayant,

I was just coming to update this item.  We found that it is related to Windows Update KB3097877.  There is supposed to have been another release for this update today, but we have not verified that.  Uninstalling Update KB3097877 got us up and working again as well.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Microsoft initially released the KB3097877 on 10th November which was defective.

Have a look at the Revisions Section: Microsoft Security Bulletin MS15-115 - Critical

""V1.0 (November 10, 2015): Bulletin published.

•V2.0 (November 12, 2015): Bulletin revised to inform customers that the 3097877 update for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 has been rereleased to correct a problem with the original update that could cause some applications to quit unexpectedly. Customers who have already successfully installed the update on Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 systems should reinstall the update."

They have released the fixed version on 12th November and the issue is not seen with it.

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Adil Raj