Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check link from PI to a Business system

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried to google this as i thought it would be an FAQ, but i cannot find anything.

I am on my Prod system and therefore don't have access to SM59. How do i check that the link from our PI system to a particualr business system is active?

All help greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Glen.

PS: i apologise in advance, my IE is old and i am unable to reply to any posts! I am able to post, and read all discussions, and to click on helpful and answered, etc., but i cannot myself reply to this or any other post due to my IE version.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Glen,

In your PI system, go to se16 and then type rfcdes. It will then display all the contents of the table. If you know the rfc type e.g type 2, 3, H, T or G then you can narrow it down.

The rfcdes table displays the hostname and port of the SAP/external system that your PI system is connecting to. To find out if the connection is still active, just copy the host+port and then paste it in a browser (no need to add http/https). It should work when you are in a vpn or in your company's intranet.

Regards,

Mark

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Glen,

If your PI system release is 7.3 or higher, then you can perform communication channel self test (ping) for communication channel configured for the business system in question. Communication channel ping functionality is accessible from Communication Channel Monitor of PIMON:

A list of performed checks depends on adapter type, but these are checks intended to verify if Adapter Engine of a PI system on which the channel is registered and running, is capable of connecting to a receiver system using configuration provided in the selected communication channel. If there are any connectivity issues, pop up window with ping results will indicate what check failed and what problem was identified.

Regards,

Vadim

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Glen,

Run the SLDCHECK transaction.

vishnu_pallamreddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

Please go to SLD, and select your BS , under integration tab we have configuration URL.

Try to open that url in your browser,

I think it will help ful.