Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle 12c - CHECKDB // BR0252E Function _stat64() failed

tobias_ptz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

I've setup our first 12c Oracle database and have some trouble with the brtools.

If I check the db via DB13 I get the following error message:

R0252E Function _stat64() failed for 'D:\oracle\oraclehome\PRD\12102' at location BrDiskStatGet-1

R0253E errno 2: No such file or directory

R0277E Determination of disk volume status for D:\oracle\oraclehome\PRD\12102 failed

To fix this issue I give SAPServicePRD user full rights to "D:\oracle" folder.

First I thought I missed something during the installation (Oracle / SAP), but in the last few days I installed the same system on a sandbox:

- one with an Oracle home user (oraclehome (D:\oracle\oraclehome\PRD))

- one with build in system user (D:\oracle\PRD (like 10g))

On both this issue is coming up in DB13.

So I checked some old installations (10g, 11g) and never find a "SAPServiceSID" user with read/write rights in the Oraclehome directory.

First few directory deeper (D:\oracle\<SID>\<version>\database) there are some groups more added (ORA_<SID>_OPER and ORA_<SID>_DBA) where both SAP users (<SID>adm and SAPService<SID>) are members of.

There is also no SAP note that describes this error (BR0252E Function _stat64() failed) just some other error messages, which has nothing to do with this error message. About one year earlier this error came up on SCN () that also fixed it with giving SAPServiceSID full rights on oracle.

So, I don't get the it, why I should use an extra oracle user for installation and for the oracle home directory, but I have to give afterwards SAPServiceSID manually full rights to this directory.

Does someone has a working 12c environment and can tell me what permissions are set in the directories (x:\oracle; x:\oracle\oraclehome; x:\oracle\oraclehome\12102 and x:\oracle\oraclehome\12102\database)

Environment:

Oracle 12102

Windows 2012 R2

SAP ERP 605

Thank you!

Best regards,

Tobias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215439
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Does someone has a working 12c environment and can tell me what permissions are set in the directories (x:\oracle; x:\oracle\oraclehome; x:\oracle\oraclehome\12102 and x:\oracle\oraclehome\12102\database)

• <SID>adm and SAPService<SID> with full control

Our Environment

-Oracle 12c

-WS2012R2Std

-SAP ECC 6.0

I think I have encountered your error before when I upgrading our system from 11g to 12c last month. You're just missing a folder which is need to be created manually you can find which folder is missing by going to db13>job log look for the error log; after creating the folder add the <SID>adm and SAPService<SID> in security

I think I can help you more since we have the same environment

Regards,

James Elvin

tobias_ptz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Nice to know I'm not alone with that issue!

Thanks for confirming that I've done the right thing to fix this issue..

Let's see when this issue will be fixed.

Thanks both of you!

BR,

Tobias

tobias_ptz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I found the solution for that strange problem.

The main problem is a bug or a very creepy feature from Win2K12 R2 (and/or previous), the UAC function. As mentioned in the inst guide, UAC has to be completely off, but if you set UAC via Control Panel, UAC is not completely deactivated!

You can see it, if you right click and want to create some files, you can just create a folder. Or if you want to edit the HOSTS file, you can't!

After some searching I found that UAC can completely deactivated via registry:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

set EnableLUA to 0

Directly after set this key to NULL, a popup in the task bar comes up and informs you that you have to restart the system.

After that, you can edit HOSTS files and create some files in every folder.

If UAC is not completely deactivated, SPWM cannot set the permission rights for the SAP users/groups.

I've tested it with a fresh installation and see there, SPWM sets the following permissions for folder: x:\oracle\<SID>

Server\ora_dba (FULL)

Server\ORA_<SID>_DBA (FULL)

Server\ORA_<SID>_OPER (FULL)

The following two users/groups are the only that have permissions too:

Server\Administrators (FULL)

SYSTEM

After a DB13 checkdb run, I got no more the mentioned error message!

To fix your environment do the following steps:

1. change reg key

2. stop sap+db + restart server

3. remove manually added users

4. add mentioned groups

5. start sap+db (or do a second restart first, just to make sure!)

6. DB13 checkdb run ..

7. smile (:

Best regards,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tobias!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Solution was not updated here in this thread, so I have replied you with possible solution for this issue.

I am not sure about that, may be bug in SWPM.

Thanks

Ahmed

tobias_ptz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

can no one help me with this?

If someone uses 12c in a Windows environment, can you please tell me which permission are set under the oracle directory for SAPService<SID> user?

Btw. we use BRTools 7.40 (latest patch).

Thank you.

BR

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

This is due to Permission issue @ directory D:\oracle\<SID>\

SAPService<SID> permission should be there for D:\oracle\<SID>\ and don't give full control.

Thanks

Ahmed

tobias_ptz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for your reply!

We already set the right permissions for the SAPService<SID> user, so that BRTools are working.

As you said a permission issue, so is it a bug in the SWPM, or ...?

Thanks

Best Regards,

Tobias