cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP QM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are planning to implement SAP QM module in existing ERP systems with SD,MM,PP implemented modules.

Please Let me know how much size will be increased during the QM implementation?.

Is there any sap notes is available for estimating sizing requirement for QM module?

Thanks & Regards
Thiru

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185450
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Elumalai,

there is no separate space required for Quality management i.e. the package which you are using that only has all the functional modules like PP,QM,SD,MM,FICO

By maintain the master data we can utilise the QM also

Regards,

Venkatesh..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh-san,

Thank you for your reply.

We are planing to migrate legacy system quality inspection data to SAP QM Module for transaction data and master data.

[legacy System data]

Inspection order = 10,56,250 [item]

Inspection order line [Analytical value] =99,70,737

please let us know the estimate Disk space additionally required for this implementation?

Thanks
Thiru

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Thiru,

the size depends on so many elements, like the database you are using, how you have configured it, ...

Second, from my experience it is very unsusual that you are migrating transactional (historical) QM data into SAP. What are you expecting from this action? In general cases you have to keep the old system available for legal reasons anyway. Since in SAP QM the inspection lots most time depend on a goods receipt you will have difficulties to get what you call inspection orders (which I assume is what in SAP terms an inspection lot is) properly migrated.

Regards

MH

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would suggest you do an experiment in a sandbox.  I doubt very much you will find any such sizing guidelines except from possibly SAP directly.

So configure your sandbox for the basic QM stuff.

Add in say 5% of your data that you expect to load.

Take sizing readings directly before and after your loads.

Figure out the difference  and multiple by 20, (if you load 5%.  if you load 1% multiple by 100, etc..).

Craig