SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Reversal Impact in Funds Management

former_member220526
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario of sales return and its impact in Funds Management. Lets say i have a total budget of 10,000 for sales. I record a sale or 8,000 today which in Funds Management will show m consumption of 8,000. Now there is a sale return of 1,000. When i post this return system will revert back consumption of 1000 and now total consumption of budget will be 7,000 which is fine in case where sale is recorded and returned on the same Funds Management assignments. We have divided our fund on the basis of months like OPEX-JAN, OPEX-FEB etc. Now fund is derived based on the posting date and budget impacts are posted accordingly. Lets say i recorded a sales of 8000 on the last day of Jan and in Funds Management it was updated against Fund REV-JAN. Next day sales of 1000 was returned. Now posting this return will derive fund of REV-FEB and now system throws me an error that budget is over consumed. this is because there is no consumption posted in REV-FEB from which this 1000 is to be reversed. The actual consumption was in REV-JAN and this should be reversed from the same. But this is not the case here we record sale reversals in the date it was reversed as we close our receivables on daily basis. Can any one help me out here how can i handle this in SAP.

Regards,

5 REPLIES 5

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Leaving apart the way you decided to divide budget in months through fund centre, let me ask you the following:

a) why do you control budget on revenues?

b) if you want to have 'reversal' be posted on the same FM assignment, where the original document was posted, the only way to deal with it is to build sophisticated derivation rule in FMDERIVE, which would check if the document is a reversal, look for original one and take FM assignment from it. It's not a bug deal to program such a rule.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you so much for your response and as always its a relief We have devided budget in months through Fund not Fund center. 2ndly we are not controlling budgets of revenue we are usibg it as assessment to see what was planned and what is actual. Key factor of deriving FM assignments is posting date in derivation rules. Comming to your solution can u please guide me a little how to build such a rule in fm derive?

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should create a rule, which is an ABAP code which will read this information. Just explain the algorithm which I mentioned above.

As for revenues control: why don't you apply a tolerance profile, which doesn't block the transaction? It doesn't make too much sense to define a blocking profile for revenues.

0 Kudos

tolerance profile is already assigned and its working just fine. the issue is not with consumption of available budget but reversal of consumed budget. Once Budget is consumed system allows us to revert back the consumption by posting reversals. But if there is no consumption of budget it will not allow us to post any reversal and will throw budget over consumption error.

Scenario 1

Budget     Consumption     Available

10,000      8,000                 2,000

Posting Reversal Of 2000 System will allow the posting and now the consumed budget will be 6,000 and available budget will be 4,000

Scenario 2

Budget     Consumption     Available

10,000      Non                  10,000

Posting a reversal of 2000 system throws an error that budget is over consumed by 2000 as there is no consumption to be reverted back.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I understand what you are saying. But, as I said, you could have had tolerance profile for revenue items without availability check, as it doesn't make much sense. However, if you want to keep it, then define the rule for reversal documents following the recommendation I mentioned.