cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating the COA for non-batch managed serialized materials

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello QM Guru's,

I have a requirement to generate a COA for a material that is not batch managed but serialized along with the serial numbers and results.

Here are the steps that I followed:

1. Created a process order with a serialized material and serial numbers are created at the time of releasing the process order

2. Posted the goods receipt against the process order and the serial numbers are present in the material document

3. 04 Inspection lot is created. I can see the serial numbers in the inspection lot

When I am trying to record the results, System is not letting me get into the Units to be Inspected Tab, instead it is only taking me to the summarized results tab. So does standard SAP only supports Units to be  Inspected view in results recording for Batch managed materials? If yes, How do I record the results against each serial number for a non-batch managed material?

p.s. I can record the results against each serialized number for a batch managed material with out a problem and was able to generate the cert with serial numbers

Question 2:

How do I achieve the requirement of generating a cert with serial number for non-batch managed serialized material? I tried generating a cert using QC21 against the inspection lot with standard SAP COA script form but did not see the serial numbers on the cert?

What are the possible options to generate a cert for a non-batch managed serialized material from QC20 with the serial numbers and results using a delivery number, as the inspection lot number may not be available with the WH folks at the time of creating a delivery.

Thanks Much for your time and help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For Question 1:

1 - Are the characteristics you are recording against set up as summarized or individual results recording in their control indicators?  Try setting them for individual results recording.

2 - in your QM plant settings, see if you have the setting for the individual results recording as summarized when N=1 ticked on.  Try it with this turned off.

For Question 2 I don't have anything for you.  I've never implemented serial numbers and have only played with them a few times and never did a COA for them.  But I would first suggest you make sure all your settings in the COA profile should refer to the MIC and the inspection lot and not the batch or general characteristics.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was hoping a response from you Craig . Thanks for responding. Turning off the Summarized when N=1 worked and I was able to generate a Cert without any issues.

Thanks Much for your help.

former_member587994
Discoverer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (0)