cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supplier Registration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I need your help in understanding vendor registration process. SAP Library explaines supplier registration process in two ways: with SRM server & with ERP.

I am a bit confused @ it and need your help in understanding and mapping the process. We are working with SRM 5.0 (strategic sourcing scenario). No supplier enablement (SUS).

I understand that SRM5.0 comes with inbuilt SUS and no different box required. ROS & EBP have to be in different clients.

1. Supplier calls registration form through ROS_SELF_REG service. We activate all ROS* services in ROS client. SICF services are client independent. Am I right?

2. Existing suppliers in R/3 will be migrated to EBP client using BBPGETVD transaction. they are assigned to vendor root in PPOMV_BBP . We have org structures for vendors and internal organization in EBP client.

Do we also need to create another in ROS client? If so, pls elaborate the significance.

3. BBP_MARKETP_INFO table is maintained in which client EBP/ROS?

4. For new vendors, when we create BP in Manage Business Partner, we then create new vendor master in R/3 backend manually. How do we link backend vendor code with corresponding BP number in SRM?

As I understand in Business Partner mainenance screen under vendor master tab, there is a option for "backend system" and "vendor code". Is this the place where we manually maintain the relationship?

5. After creation of Business Partner, an email is send to the vendor with a registration ID and a link to SRMSUS_SELFREG service screen. Here the supplier maintaines address details and creates login credentials. Is it mandatory?

What if the mail is not send and the administrator/purchaser creates a user for this BP in manage business partner? Since in our case supplier is just used for bidding.

6. Is XI and catalog mandatory for supplier registration process? if so. how it works?

Your help will be highly appreciated and rewarded.

Regards,

Prashant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emil,

I am in line with Ramki - SUS and ROS are two elements with are not manadory

to be used. Via the ROS process, companies are enabled in the SRM Org Model.

For getting the process done, you need to maintain 'BBP_MARKETP_INFO' table

with purchasing org & vendor org information.

For using ROS, you do not need to create a new client - depending on the amount.

If you want to use registered suppliers as optional sources of supply, it could make

sense to bundle them in a supplier directory housed in a different client. In any

other case, ROS can be on the SRM client.

For creating a vendor master record in ECC, it depends the used SRM release

(for the technical capability - with SRM 5.0 an automatic creation from SRM into

ECC is possible) as well on the global master data management process the

company uses - XI is not needed for the ROS process - for using SUS, yes:

Usually all master data are created centrally in ECC (also from historic reasons),

why the number range in ECC is set on internal. Supplier registered in ROS

get a SRM number, which then gets (starting with SRM 5.0) get downloaded into

ECC and create a new vendor record (using the SRM vendor number). In that

case, the number range needs to be manipulated and mapped to the central

number range. In the (technical best) case, the ECC number range for vendor

creation set to external - this is not usable in huge as well global organizations.

Based on my experiance with companies already using SAP, ROS makes the

best sense for first qualification of suppliers and getting them involved in sourcing

as potential suppiers. In the moment, suppliers reach this stage, the vendor

master generation process takes places, technical resulting with a replication of

vendor record via BBPGETVD into SRM.

Thanks,

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Caudia & Atul,

Thanks for your reply. We are using R/3 4.6C in the backend here. Anyways, its an info for me that with SRM5.0 and ECC, its possible for automatic vendor replication from SRM to ECC.

Could you please also answer to my 4 th question?

Best regards,

Prashant

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant

The backend system & vendor code in 'Maintain Business Partners' is used to map your backend system vendor code with SRM Business Partner.

Example:

You have backend R.3 systems ERPCLNT300 and ERPCLNT220 mapped to SRM.

If you have an SRM Business Partner: 10345, which is the same as 2234 in R/3 system ERPCLNT300 and 12378 in ERPCLNT220, then you can map these here.

Best regards

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramki,

I understand that this area displays the assignment of SRM BP with different vendor codes in different backend systems.

I need to know for a newly registered vendor (say 'X'), if I have created vendor master ( vendor code in backend 'Y'). How can I map backend vendor code to SRM BP?

Just by specifying the entry of "Y" and "backend system" name in "Maintain Business Partner" will serve or should we use transaction BBP_UPDATE_MAPPING?

This is for newly registered vendor.

Thanks & regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramki,

Here as I told you, we are not using SUS. Its only EBP with SSP, Strat sourcing (supplier reg, bidding, LAC), contract management & CCM.

We have maintained a seperate client here for ROS, as recommeneded by many SRM consultants in SDN (otherwise might cause problems in BP maintenance).

client 200 for SRM and

client 220 for ROS

Do we also need to maintain the entries of these two clients in "Define backend systems" on both these clients? If yes, what system type should we use?

Best regards

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In client 220(ROS),you need to maintain an entry for the ROS client(type SUPPL_DIR),EBP client.

Client 200(SRM),you need to maintain a local entry for EBP client,R3 backend(4.7/erp 5.0/6.0),CCM(Catalog) and ROS.

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for useful answers.

0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

Our supplier registration is not integrated with a catalog. Do I still need to maintain SUPPL_DIR for ROS client? I have maintained following entries. pls correct me, if anything is wrong:

Client 220 (ROS client):

Logical system: SRMCLNT220

Desc: ROS client

RFC Destination: (blank)

Sys. Type: SUPPL_DIR

RFC: (blank)

Local: X

Logical system: SRMCLNT200

Desc: EBP client

RFC Destination: SRMCLNT200

Sys. Type: EBP_ONE

RFC: X

Local: (blank)

Client 200 (EBP client):

Logical system: SRMCLNT200

Desc: SRM Dev. System

RFC Destination: (blank)

Sys. Type: EBP_ONE

RFC: (blank)

Local: X

Logical system: SRMCLNT220

Desc: ROS client

RFC Destination: SRMCLNT220

Sys. Type: SUPPL_DIR

RFC: X

Local: (blank)

Thanks & Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

There are two ways of configuring the ROS:

1.W/o SUS:

You create the User ID's for External vendors in EBP itself through MANAGE BUSINESS PARTNER trascn.

For this process,you dont need to define the SUPPL_DIR entry in SPRO in any of the systems.

For detailed SPRO settings,refer the foll link:

2.With SUS:

Creating the User Id's for the External vendors using the SUS mail functionality.For this process flow,refer the foll link:

http://www50.sap.com/businessmaps/8F152C1AE8F1426FA3B442F905815F54.html

For this you need to maintain the SUPPL_DIR entry in SPRO in both the systems.

Also in the ROS client,you need to maintain 3 entries for backend systems of the foll type

ERP_2.0(R/3)

<b>EBP_ONE(EBP)</b>

SUPPL_DIR(ROS).also for the ROS client mainatin the self connection RFC destination.

In the EBP client,you need to maintain entries for backend systems of the foll type

:

ERP_2.0(R/3)

<b>EBP_SUS</b>(local EBP client)

SUPPL_DIR(ROS client)

BR,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

I have maintained done all neccessary settings for ROS with EBP (strat sourcing).

However i am not sure about the parameters to be maintained in standard call structure of external web services for "ROS"

I have maintained a new web service "ROS" for supplier directory and have maintained following parementers:

<Blank> http://xxxx/ros_prescreen/main.do?sap-client=220 URL

sap-client 220 Fixed Value

sapsession-cmd open Fixed Value

I am able to see new registerd suppliers under prescreen suppliers application with purchasers login. When I accept the supplier and go to manage Business Partner -> Supplier directory, I am again getting the same screen of "prescreen suppliers" asking to accept/reject.

It should be getting here an option to transfer these prospects to EBP.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to maintain the entries in table BBP_MARKET_INFO.

BR,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

I have maintained this table in EBP.

Even I tried with maintaining table in ROS client.

Still I am getting preselect suppliers screen when I go to manage business partner.

Pls suggest.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

I have maintained bbp_marketp_info table in EBP client.

When I go to "manage business partner" and try to open the ROS catalog (maintained for prescreened suppliers), the next screen is not displayed (where we transfer suppliers from ROS to EBP).

Its just giving "error on page" message at the bottom of the page.

Please suggest.

Regards

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pl apply note 1018287

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramki,

Problem is resolved after applying this note. Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,

Prashant

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.All ICF services are client dependant.All the settings whcih you make are client indepandant...i.e If you have 2 seperate cleint for ROS and EBP,you need to make the settings only once.

2.Need not maintain a seperate ORG structure in ROS client(If seperate clients).Vendors will be finally created in EBP client.

3.BBP_MARKETP_INFO table is maintained only in EBP.

4.There is no std way available to replicate the external vendors created in EBP to R/3.You can developa custom WF for this.

5.You will have to do this as the USER ID's for vendors can be created using only this trascn.

6.XI and Catalog not required.

Pls refer the foll link for the complete process:

http://www50.sap.com/businessmaps/8F152C1AE8F1426FA3B442F905815F54.htm

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward full points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

Thanks for your immediate response.

1. Your answer is a bit confusing. So you mean to say that the ROS* services have to be activated in ROS client only?

2. SPRO settings for "Make Settings for Business Partners" is done in which client? I suppose it's in ROS client. Should we give referance of org structures units in EBP client?

3. ok

4. Here my question is, for a new vendor registerd through registration system, we create a Business Partner. Then we manually create a vendor master in R/3. How do we link this R/3 vendor master to Business partner in SRM?

5. Do you mean that the only way to create a user for a newly registerd vendor is through SRMSUS_SELFREG link? In that case, I will have to maintain this URL in "Make settings for Business Partner" and also will have to mark check box for "Make self registration component". Am I right?

In this case, when this service is actually in ROS client, how the user will get assigned to vendor root node, which is in EBP client?

6. ok

Thanks & regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.All the settings in trascn SICF have to be done only once...i.e. Either in the ROS or EBP client..doesnt matter.i.e. They are client independant.So be careful only when you enter any data for the LOGIN in these services..

2. SPRO settings for "Make Settings for Business Partners" is done in EBP client.Here you have maintain the URL for SUS BSP application (http://SAPDEV14.Xerox.COM/sap/bc/bsp/sap/srmsus_selfreg) whcih will be used for vendor USER ID creation.

Here you have to give the vendor ORG ID(PPOSV_BBP) and the Purchasing Org ID(PPOMA_BBP).

4.If you are manually creating the vendor in R/3,then create it with the same BP no as in EBP client.If not to be done manually,you can create a Custom WF to replicate all these vendors to R/3 once they are created in EBP.

5.yes you are right.Please refer my exp in pt.2Here you have to check the option "Use self registration component".

Also as mentioned in Pt 2,the settings for this service will be maintained in EBP client under SPRO-->Make Settings for Business Partners.So the vendor User ID will be created in EBP.

Also refer the link for the complete process flow which includes the vendor creation .

BR,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

Thats a very useful answer.

2. That means the service user for srmsus_selfreg service has created in EBP client?

4. In Business Partner mainenance screen under vendor master tab, there is a option for "backend system" and "vendor code". What is it for?

If I migrate a vendor from R/3 backend and maintain different number range for BP numbers than that used for R/3 vendor master numbers in R/3. In this case the BP number and R/3 vendor master number will be different.

Till SRM4.0, there was a table BBPV_BUPA_VENMAP (apart from VENMAP & BUT000) which used to maintain this relashionship. Now its removed from SRM5.0.

I think there should be some way, to maintain the relasionship between BP and vendor master number if we maintain different number ranges.

Thanks & regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Till SRM4.0, there was a Database View BBPV_BUPA_VENMAP (apart from VENMAP & BUT000) which used to maintain this relashionship. It still exists in SRM 5.0, and SRM 5.5. (Not sure about SRM 6.0).

Still the same view exists in SRM. VENMAP & BUT000 maintians the same relationship with the Number range (internal / External Number ranges).

Do let me know, in case you have any other questions.

Regards

- Atul

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant & Disha

I do not agree on maintaining srmsus_selfreg for Bidding users. If you do not need SUS and if you need only bidding users, you do not need to make settings in 'Make settings for business partners' under SUS node.

You just need to maintain 'BBP_MARKETP_INFO' table with p.org & vendor org details.

You do not need to send registration mail to vendor and vendor need not logon to srmsus_selfreg txn to register & create users.

In the Manage Business Partners screen in EBP, just create employee for business partners where you can create contact persons & users for vendors. This can be used for bidding.

Bes regards

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramki,

Thanks for your inputs. That means I should maintain BBP_MARKETP_INFO table only in EBP client?

We have R/3 4.6C in the backend. Could you please also answer to my 4th question?

Thanks & regards,

Prashant