cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redeploy Analytic view Error on BW DSO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have a Analytic view on BW DSO. We deleted few fields and new fields to this DSO.

If I try to Redeploy this Analytic view in HANA Studio it throws an error. I can re-import with overwrite option but that will remove any changes that were previously made in the Data foundation layer (for e.g.attributes turned in Data foundation layer Customer City etc), Restricted/Calculated columns defined in Star Join layer.

We are on HANA SP8 Rev.81 What is the best way to get BW Back end changes into Analytic views? Thanks for your help.

Error message:

Activation ID: 2027 (Repository: Activation failed for at least one object;At least one runtime reported an error during revalidation. Please see CheckResults for details)

Internal deployment of object failed;Repository: Encountered an error in repository runtime extension;Internal Error:Deploy Analytic View:

invalid column name: USERNAME: line 1 col 9816 (at pos 9815) at ptime/query/checker/check_cube.cc:330(46)

SQL: column store error: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><createCubeResult version="1.0"><status><message>Error during executing SQL statement</message><errorCode>2116</errorCode></status><details><errors><detail><element>

Thank you

Sree

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lucas_oliveira
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Sree,

If you change the DSO itself then re-importing is the only safe way I know to be in sync with the structures in BW.

On the other hand, re-import will drop/create in order to recreate the information model on HANA (Analytic View in your case). Changing the model generated by BW directly could lead to modeling losses (you change the model directly and later on you recreate it from BW... changes you applied are now gone).

I think a better approach would be to leave the Analytic Views the way the are (as much as possible) and wrap them with Graphical Calculation View, thus leaving the modeling enrichment part outside the generated Analytic View itself. 

Later on, if for any reason you change the DSO Structure, then you'll have better chances to activate your models without issues. I say better chances because you might have a field removed from the DSO and the same filed used in a calculation column on your Graphical Calc View. In that case, of course, you'll face activaion issues.

BRs,

Lucas de Oliveira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lucas,

Thank you for your reply. The issue we faced was if we define restricted columns inside the Calculation view HANA was throwing error. If we define same restricted column within the Analytic view (Outside of Calculation view) then it was working. It could be a bug in HANA but that was the only way we could make the model work. Now if we re-import we may loose all the changes that were made within the Analytic view. 

Thank you again for your response.

Regards,

Sree

lucas_oliveira
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Sree,

Since you're in rev 81 then definitely you might be bumping into modeling bugs. Lots of enhancements since then. I'd stick with the idea of wrapping the analytic views and try the solution on an updated version of HANA.

Let us know the outcome.

BRs,

Lucas de Oliveira

Answers (0)