SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra Account Assignments in Funds Management

former_member246680
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

As you all know funds management has 5 accounts assignments which are Funds Centre, Fund, Funded program, functional area, and commitment item. If an organization wants to use additional account assignments to this, for example they want to use geographical location in Funds Management budgeting, what would be the best way to do it, that is how do we create an additional account assignment or how do we cater for this? There are 3 more master data structures they want to use in FM over and above the standard accounts I have given above. I will really appreciate your help.

Regards

Jordan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no way, even non-standard, to add another FM assignment object except for those which exist in the system. However, you should specify your client's business requirements. It's hard to believe that managing budget in 5-dimenions matrix cannot be sufficient enough, so the sixth dimension is to be added.

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no way, even non-standard, to add another FM assignment object except for those which exist in the system. However, you should specify your client's business requirements. It's hard to believe that managing budget in 5-dimenions matrix cannot be sufficient enough, so the sixth dimension is to be added.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli, It also seemed strange for me, they want to subdivide their budget into different objects which go beyond the ones provided for. My thinking was to try and make the other subdivisions as substrings of other objects but I will see if this can meet the requirement. Kind regards Jordan

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should explain to them that managing budget in 5 different dimensions is already a burden. They should opt for simplifying their system, not for making it more complex. Also, there should be no confusion between budgeting in different dimensions and posting. Their consumption could be traced by using CO, or self-developed characteristics.

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Eli. I really appreciate your assistance.