cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP XI Content- For File to Idoc and Idoc to file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, There are SAP XI content available for MDM i.e. XI3_0_MDM_BUSINESS_CONTENT_5.5_04_01.tpz

I want to know that this is for File to Idoc and Idoc to file-- both scenario?

Immidiate reply will be helpful

Regards,

Ron

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The content should provide you with some standard data types and mapping programs for converting MDM formatted data into IDocs. However you will still need to configure the communication channels in XI for file and IDoc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ron,

It depends on how the XI content has been created. For File to Idoc or Idoc to file or both scenario.

Get help from XI people. They can very well handle your question.

Thanks,

Arun prabhu S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ron,

There is a XI content available for SRM-MDM catalog (SRMMDMCAT1000_2-20001719.zip) available in service market place. Please check the version of MDM while dowloading.

Thanks,

Arun prabhu S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun, You didn't get my question. What I am asking is : The file which I mentioned contains all configuration for r/3-xi-mdm scenario for both file to idoc and idoc to file?

Regards,

Ron

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ron,

in general:

- R/3 <-> XI means an IDoc (via IDoc adapter)

- SRM/CRM -> XI means a XML (via XI proxy)

- XI <-> MDM means a XML message (via filesystem)

delivered XI content depends on the MDM repository:

- MATERIAL supports: R/3 -> XI -> MDM and MDM -> XI -> R/3

- CUSTOMER supports: R/3 -> XI -> MDM and MDM -> XI -> R/3

- VENDOR supports: R/3 -> XI -> MDM and MDM -> XI -> R/3

- EMPLOYEE supports: R/3 -> XI -> MDM and MDM -> XI -> R/3

- PRODUCT supports: R/3 -> XI -> MDM and SRM/CRM -> XI -> MDM

- BUSINESSPARTNER supports: R/3 -> XI -> MDM and SRM/CRM -> XI -> MDM

this is the currently valid (SP05 Patch 0) version, of course there are further improvements planned.

your question is misleading / hard to understand, since an IDoc is a file as well...

kind regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

What I mean by saying Idoc to file --> R/3 -XI-MDM

File to idoc--> MDM-XI-R/3.

I am using Customer MD. Let me know now How can I best use above mention XI contain???? What are the things which are preconfigured and what are the things which I have to configure.... Problems here with me is I don't have proper privilege to use XI system so I am not able to make this out....

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ron,

please have a look at the <a href="https://websmp103.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000271892007E">IT Scenario Configuration Guide</a> (if the link does not work, goto <a href="http://service.sap.com/installmdm">Service Market Place</a>) and navigate to the document. Follow the description of chapter 2. Especially chapters 2.2 and 2.3 will guide you through the required XI and R/3 configuration.

Kind regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael, I have successfully implemented whole scenario long back when I was working on SP03.... My question is not about configuration. My problem is just to know what SAP comes with <b>XI3_0_MDM_BUSINESS_CONTENT_5.5_04_01.tpz</b> XI contains...... Because of access problem in XI system I am not able to check it out so If you have a proper privilege then you can put this .tpz file in XI and let me know how can it reduce my work of configuration for Customer master configuration in XI....

Hope this helps to understand my problem... Sorry for not putting problem in proper words......

regards,

ron

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ron,

the XI content for the old repositories wasn't changed from SP3 to SP4. It might be possible that there have been some corrections in the deliviered content. In addition, there is some new content corresponding to the new Business Partner and Product repository. But as you're using the Customer repository, this new XI content won't affect your configuration.

Kind regards

Michael