cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfer order idoc to external system

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want  to send transfer order data with message type  WMTORD when TO is confirmed destination storage type XYZ. But idoc is getting trigerred on transfer order creation itself & when I am trying to confirm transfer order with LT12 it gives message that TO cannot be confirmed external system is active.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

once your external system is active and TO information is transmitted to External system then you cannot use LT12 to confirm the transfer order as system stamps value in Item to subsystem,

You can use Idoc WMTOCO to confirm the TO and the direction should be (External system to SAP)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We want to send information on confirmation only. Is it possible & can we use LT12 as normal.

currently we are getting message exsternal system is active.

or

we need to send data to external system only if destination storage type is PPS so if destination storage type is different we will be able to use LT12

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you explain a bit more about the process.

What is actually done in the external system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is one automatic Storage Rack. which will be considered as single bin "IN"in SAP system under storage type XYZ.

So I expect When TO is confirmed for destination storage type XYZ and bin IN then data to be transfered to storage rack system.

They will store material & confirm what are the materials fit into the bin. On receving confirmation. We are planning to do bin to bin transfer from IN Bin to "OUT" Bin in SAP for the material that are not fit into automatic Storage Rack.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if I understood correctly then storage type XYZ corresponds to legacy system(Automatic storage rack) so whenever you create TO and the storage type is XYZ then data should get transmitted to legacy system using IDoc WMTORD. Once physical putaway will happen in legacy system they will send WMTOCO idoc which will confirm the IDoc

If destination storage type is other then XYZ then system should work as usual (confirmation through LT12)

This is more to do with your configuration setting (if you are using the Standard SAP external system link) or the custom code which you have designed . Please let us know which method are you using to check and trigger the IDoc to legacy system

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have defined Standard SAP external system link.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

then you need to look the setting as you might have defined source *** and destination *** which is causing the problem but that is my guess

Please share the setting which will help us to guide you to right solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish

Below are the screenshot. External storage type is PPS & below is the config.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please share the TO detail also for which you are not able to perform the confirmation using LT12 ( if possible the screenshot)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

just to remind you my original requirement.

We want to send the information on TO confirmation & not on TO creation.

Is my decision to send  information on TO confirmation is wrong.

If I am sending ABC material qty 10 info on TO confirmation.

External system send info that only 8 can be fixed bin bin.

Then we are planning to create another TO for 2 qty from Bin of External system( Bin name IN) to another bin of SAP with 999 movement.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I my opinion you are on the wrong path.

If you have a subsystem, then this does usually something on a more detailed level.

Looking at your brief info I have the impression that you manage this detail in your WM but somehow it is even out of sync with your external system.

In short your systems are talking past each other.

You know that a TO is an order to do something, and a confirmation is the feedback that something was done.

Now imagine father and son. Father says: "Boy get this parcel to the post office"

the son does not make any move and replies: "I have submitted the parcel at the post office".

Is it logical that the son goes to the post office after this communication?

From my point of view not.

In the same situation you are with your WM and subsystem.

You actually want tell your WM that you have done something in your subsystem prior to the real physical movement.

And you want use this fake confirmation to trigger the event of the movement in your subsystem,

and you do not even expect a feedback from your subsystem.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I am sending ABC material qty 10 info on TO confirmation. External system send info that only 8 can be fixed bin bin.

Physical constraint needs to be covered before confirmation of the transfer order so in my opinion your approach is not align correctly. You need to look this closely

wrt to overall flow it should be WMTORD (TO information) will go to Legacy physical movement should take place in Legacy based on WMTORD and WMTOCO (confirmation of TO) should come back from Legacy to confirm the transfer order in SAP system

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use the IDOC (Message type ) WMTOCO when TO is confirmed.

WMTORD is triggered when the TO is created.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu