cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB Connection failed with SAP system

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a XI SAP system installed in Windows-NT with Oracle. Now after a power failure this SAP system is not able to start anymore. Oracle is running in the system properly, but SAP system can't able to connect to the database.

SQL> conn /as sysdba

ERROR:

ORA-01031: insufficient privileges

And when giving R3trans -d it gives O/P as :

This is r3trans version 6.14

2EETW169 no connect possible: "DBMS = ORACLE --- dbs_o

ra_tnsname = <SID>

r3trans finished (0012).

But from SAPMMC it can be seen that Message service and IGS Watchdog service is running properly but Dispatcher is not running. From syslog it is showing "DB connect failed ".

Can anybody help me in this regard, how to get back the system working properly......

thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prashil
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Arunava,

As fas the error is seen it something to deal with the priviledges.

Please Logon to the system with the admininstrator right and to oracle as dbadmin.

Hope this will give you a direction!!!!

Regards,

Prashil

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have fixed it. The problem was in the SQLNET.ORA file. The parameter value was SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICE = (NONE). As I set it to NONE, it started to work. I am now able to connect to database as sysdba form <sid>adm. Thanks for your answers, it shows some way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got the problem.

pr_srinivas
Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure your self database is up & Opened .

login as <SID>adm

sqlplus " / as sysdba"

shutdown immediate;

startup;

if it is started & opened - no issues from database.Confirm is your startup is succesfully opened the database

praveenkumar_kadi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

check your dev_wxxxx log,

if it shows like "system can't find the database "XYZ", if MSSQL is running, either the DB instance do not exist or is not configure properly, to check if the instance exist in SQL simple open the Enterprise manager and check that the XYZ instance is on the list, if the DB exist

.. You can check it in the SERVICES window in your Windows Control Panel --> Administration --> Services also

reward points if it helps