Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IQ license installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a question regarding license.

Error (131311): Cannot obtain processor and identification information for the physical machine from within this virtual system (machine partition or virtual machine) on this Operating System. Execute the 'sysamcap' command on the physical machine (or virtual-machine/partition control domain) and set the SYBASE_SAM_CAPACITY environment variable prior to running product.

What should i be setting the value of SYBASE_SAM_CAPACITY  to?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jong-kil_park
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you generate an appropriate license for the partition ?

If then, what did you use for hostid for the partition when generating the license ?

If not, please refer to some steps below to get the value using sysamcap utility.

1. First of all, to get the SYBASE_SAM_CAPACITY value, you need to execute the sysamcap utility with 'PARTITION' option as below.

[/asiq/SYSAM-2_0/bin] sysamcap PARTITION

Set the following environment variable prior to starting the product. This only needs to be done once for each instance of the product that will run.

SYBASE_SAM_CAPACITY=PARTITION:77FADB1AF2239831934A7A89F6BCADA27F791961416C8EA2669C283BCB48F2BA6974DFAF180CAE031FC786E2B6362A41E7

Using this configuration licensing will be based on 16 logical processor(s), 4 processor core(s) and 1 processor chip(s).

Sybase recommends use of a SySAM License Server, but if you wish to generate un-served licenses for using the product within this environment then you will need

to specify the following host-id when generating licenses   at the Sybase Product Download Center.

PARTITION-ID=800009bf9830000c

2. Apply SYBASE_SAM_CAPACITY value to the .profile(.cshrc in case of C shell)

SYBASE_SAM_CAPACITY=PARTITION:77FADB1AF2239831934A7A89F6BCADA27F791961416C8EA2669C283BCB48F2BA6974DFAF180CAE031FC786E2B6362A41E7
export SYBASE_SAM_CAPACITY

3. If you're going to generate a license, please use the above PARTITION-ID value for host id.

4. For an details for Sub-Capacity Licensing, please refer to SAP IQ manual pages below.

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.dc74600.1540/doc/html/jwi13...

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.dc74600.1601/doc/html/jwi13...

Best regards,

Jerry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jerry,

I have not yet done anything related to licensing.

This is the background. We have a VM and we wanted to install license SAP IQ for the same.

Now i dont have SYBASE_SAM_CAPACITY, when i ran sysamcap PARTITION i dont get the full value for SYBASE_SAM_CAPACITY.

Is there a way i can do it from VM itself?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont get like when you run.

[user@hostname]/server/SYSAM-2_0/bin>sysamcap PARTITION

Set the following environment variable prior to starting the product. This only needs to be done once for each instance of the product that will run.

SYBASE_SAM_CAPACITY=PARTITION

jong-kil_park
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not sure why it didn't return the string containing the specific partition id value.

Would you please take a look at links below that could explain more about the subcapacity licensing ?

SyBooks Online

SyBooks Online

Best regards,

Jerry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

Sometimes you must run this command in this way, with [ ./ ]:

[user@hostname]/server/SYSAM-2_0/bin>./sysamcap PARTITION

The result is very like this:

Using this configuration licensing will be based on 16 logical processor(s), 4 processor core(s) and 1 processor chip(s).

Sybase recommends use of a SySAM License Server, but if you wish to generate un-served licenses for using the product within this environment then you will need

to specify the following host-id when generating licenses   at the Sybase Product Download Center.

-- Then, you must Set the environment variable:

export SYBASE_SAM_CAPACITY=PARTITION

-- When you go to generate the licenses on Keys | SAP Support Portal, you must put everything in the textbox:

Node Host ID: PARTITION-ID=800009bf9830000c

Include the word PARTITION-ID=

Then start the product.

I hope it will be usefull.

Santiago