cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to hide a BOM Component where assembly type is NONE during Assemble activity

IntegrationCPI
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

I have requirement where i have 4 BOM component and for one of them the assembly type is NONE and rest have INV Type .

However during the "Assemble" activity in POD ,the  operator should not see the BOM component which has been set has NONE .

Is there a way to achieve this ?

My second question is how to automatically assign the current SFC as an inventory id for one of the BOM component .

Thanks

Kishore K V

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

andy_nyman
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Kishore,

In system rule maintenance, under Component Traceability; you set "Display Auto Fill Components" = False and they will not display in the component list.

It does require that the component has been assembled through the hook that was mentioned above.

Just enable AUTOASSY_COMPONENT activity hook in site maintenance at POST_ORDER_RELEASE hook point.

Andy

stuarta1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Woops - my mistake. Andy is absolutely correct with the system rule setting.

I was actually thinking of the scenario where you can't force ME to display the component list, if all of the components are auto assembled already.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

IntegrationCPI
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Andy & Stuart .

Both solution was very helpful

Thanks,

Kishore

stuarta1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Kishore

You can't completely hide components with assembly data type NONE from the assembly point screen. But you can make them appear as assembled if you hook the activity AUTOASSY_COMPONENT to the start, for example. To not see these components at all, they require no assembly operation in the BOM.

I don't understand your second question - can you please provide an example?

Stuart