Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Scheduling of orders in PPDS

former_member476084
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We have a new routing setup in R/3 wherein the OP10 and OP20 will have machine time 0.001 MIN.These are the dummy operations which needs to be visible in R/3 and also in APO at FG level. To send  these dummy operations to APO above machine time added.But while order creation we are facing issues while scheduling .As per the PDS in APO we can see that for 1 base qty the variable duration is  0.060 sec which is fine.But when we are creating new orders the duration of OP10 and OP20 is much more time than the actual.

I created an order with only one piece and found that at dummy operations the time taken to produce 1 qty is areound 1.07 MIN.This is incorrect.As per PDS it should take 0.060 sec.Please put some highlights on how the operations are scheduled in APO.

Thanks

Debasis Nanda

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ruchi_das2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check in ECC the Setup formula in Scheduling tab of the resource.  You can run test formula in that screen by giving inputs of your setup time, operation qty, base qty etc. Execute the test and check if the results are what you expected. Maybe the setup time is too small to be scheduled on the resource when compared to its Base Unit of Measure.

Regards

AK

former_member476084
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

There is no issue with resource because when order created in ecc the machine time taken from routing is correct.But in case of orders created in APO the schedulings of operations is not correct and when the orders are sent to ecc , it had wrong durations for machine time.But when we re-read master data in ecc the durations are fine in ecc.

Thanks

Debasis Nanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Debasis,

OK, ECC works OK, but that info is irrelevant. As mentioned by expert Abhishek, APO can treat very small values differently than ECC does.

You say you have set the duration of your operation in ECC to .001 minute.  I don't know why you selected such a small value, but I will assume there is a legitimate business reason.

What is the base unit of measure in the work center that is associated with this routing?

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member476084
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi DB49,

The base unit of measure used in work center is HOUR.

BR

Debasis Nanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Debasis,

I believe the BUM of HRs for your work center is too large in comparison with your .001 MIN to allow for consistent scheduling within APO.

I suggest that you

1.  Delete the orders in APO

2.  Delete the PDSs in APO

3.  Change the work center BUM to Minutes or Seconds

4.  Re-create the PDS integration models and re-cif the Production Versions to APO. 

5.  Re-Cif the orders to APO.

Best Regards,

DB49

ruchi_das2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Debasis,

To add, PP/DS can plan to the exact second. Please make sure the operations takes at least a second with the changes you make.

Regards

AK

former_member476084
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi DB49,

I performed the same steps which you suggested but still see the same issue .I have attached some screenshot so that it may help you better in understanding the issue.If I am creating order for

1 pc as shown below you will see that the activity has taken 1min 7 sec but according to PDS for 1 PC its should take 0.060 sec.

PDS

Thanks

Debasis Nanda

ruchi_das2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Debasis,

Can you validate the Start Date/time and End Date/time of the operation to the working times of the Resource?

Regards

AK

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member200970
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Debasis Nanda,

I faced a similar issue can u please check the mentioned two materials has same base unit of measure say EA in your current scenario.

Let me brief you about the problem I faced.

Material A  is has BOM  B & C similarly

material B is has BOM  D & E . The base unit of measure of D was maintained as Ton but for all other materials it was maintained as KGS.

Because of this the overall scheduling of orders varied tremendously .

Please revert if clue was helpful .

Highly appreciate yours rewards.

Thanks & Regards

Arvind Pabba

former_member476084
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek & DB49,

I found the root cause of this duration behavior in APO.There is a functionality called "Flow production" in routing when it is checked,system will consider the longest production duration of the sequence.After removing this check APO created order as per the duration in PDS.

Regarding the Flow production I do not have a much idea about this functionality but SAP has provided only few information about Flow production.

"In flow manufacturing the operations overlap completely. In contrast to overlapping operations, in flow manufacturing all operations that belong to a flow manufactured sequence are extended on the basis of the longest production duration of the sequence."

Thanks a lot for your support.It really helped me in my analysis.

Thanks and regards

Debasis Nanda