cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

prod publish of service manager on SMP 3.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am doing a prod publish(zip) to my QA enviroment with a changed JavaBE.ini(SAP systems changed).

Already created the production zip and added the Java.BE.ini. The pushed version is higher than the current version at QA.

Now I login to cockpit and select the zip file, nothing happens the published applicaitons also not updated?

Any suggestions highly appecaited

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kevin,

Make sure while generating a new production zip file your application should contain some changes (Anything). otherwise while deploying in QA it will discard if there is no changes in your application.

while deploying application from Eclipse editor you can include your JavaBE.ini file to your zip.

Ajitesh

0 Kudos

To change the Agentry.ini (deprecated now) you have to change the Backend Tab.

To change the JavaBE.ini

1) Start SMP server

2) Login to SMP Cockpit  - make sure the application is deployed correctly

a) Backend Tab is displayed

b) https://server:8081/SAPWM  is accessible

c) no errors in log events & startup file

3) Now take a back up and Edit the JavaBE.ini file and save it using notepad or Notepad ++.

4) Via SMP Cockpit -- and restart the Agentry instance (do NOT restart the SMP server) only the Agentry instance. Once the Agentry instance has restarted the changes are  committed to underlying DB.

If you restart the SMP server instead of Agentry instance then the JavaBE.ini changes will be reverted.

thanks,

Chandra

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kevin,

Import the application in the latest Agentry Editor and let it publish the app again (Make sure you have added the needed files to complete the zip) as a production zip file.

This works with another customer of ours.

In short, let us say you downloaded Work Manager 6.2.1 (or Service Manager 4.2) released in a particular version of SMP 3.0 SDK version (Ex: SP06) then you upgraded your SDK and Runtime to SP10. Even if you used the released version WM 6.2.1 executable to create the zip file, there is a chance that your zip file is not compatible with the later versions of SMP 3.0.

So the trick is to load it up in the editor and republish it out as a zip file (With all the files - you may have to add and create the directory structure).  Then you will publish to a folder.  This folder may have the application.zip file plus a few prod.ini files in it.  Use this new version in your cockpit and it will work.

Best Regards,

Mark Pe
SAP Platinum Support Engineer (Mobility)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Could you provide some details on this Prod publish files ? only JavaBE.ini is changed, do I need add other files to this zip file. please could you explain

Regards

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

The only way to update an ini file is to push out a new version of the application.

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kevin,

When you only have the javaBE.ini that changed, you can have this application zip file loaded again into the Agentry editor (assumption newer SMP 3.0 SDK than the Service Manager 4.2 exe files zip file).

During publishing, there is a blank area in the middle of the window.  You can right click on this to create files, folders and add files.  You also have a generic setup that you can do to save your settings when publishing.  The goal is to zip all the needed files again by publishing a production.

What I did with a customer (SMP 3.0 SDK 10 - just like 2~4 days ago) is I just unzip the published files that came from the executable files into another folder. I modified the file I needed to modify (in your case the javaBe.ini) and in the editor I load it up in a new workspace. I then will point to my development folder.  I will then publish as production.  In this middle area you right click and add the needed files to complete the zip file (in my example, I recreated all the folders and added all the files in this middle section of the production editor publish).

You will point to a blank folder to be a destination of your publish files (you may be instructed to reference your development server too).  In theory, you will have a new zip file (with all the needed files to complete the mobility project) and this will work with the cockpit.  Assumption is the cockpit is the same version of your editor.

Hope this works.

Regards,

Mark Pe
SAP Platinum Support Engineer