cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting images works in some browsers, but not others

nscheaffer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For a long time I had posted images in-line like this...

Then for some reason I couldn't, but I didn't know why. So I resorted to attaching files, but you are limited to just 3 files. Last week I was posting something in which I wanted to post more than three images. To get around the 3 file limit I thought I would put all of my images in a Word document. However, you can't upload a Word document. Neither can you upload a PDF. Finally, I figured out that if I saved my Word document as XML I could upload that. However, I suspect there are users out there that won't be able to download and view a Word XML document.

Today I was browsing SCN and I came across a couple of posts with embedded images. I tried again. Using Chrome - Version 44.0.2403.157 I cannot paste images in-line as I have above. Using Internet Explorer – 10.0.9200.17492CO I cannot either. But using Firefox - 39.0 I can.

I used to use Firefox almost exclusively, but recently I switched to using Chrome more. I suppose my "loss" of ability to paste images in-line could have coincided with my browser change. Regardless, why does this work in one browser, but not the other two?

My desktop is running Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Does anyone know why that is?

Thanks,

Noel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yeah, you probably don't want to share a Word document as an XML file because the usability won't be great.

There are some issues inserting images via certain versions of Internet Explorer.  You can try dragging and dropping images into place but please note the 1 MB or 20 image limit for blog post and document.