cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to split a sales order while copying with reference?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!

I have two sales orders types - ZFL1 and ZFL2. ZFL1 is copied with reference into ZFL2.

While there can be multiple items in ZFL1, only one item is permitted in ZFL2.

In other words, one ZFL1 sales order with 100 items should be transformed into 100 ZFL2 single-item sales orders.

How can I do the trick?  Will copy routines be helpful in this case?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have 2 types of sales orders.

Correct me if i'm wrong but i understand like this;

If ZFL1 includes 100 items in it, there will be 100 different ZFL2 sales orders for each item in ZFL1?

If its like that could you write why you are using this process for what ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Aras!

Yes, you are right.

We want to utilize this scheme in Fleet Sales Process implementation for a car distributor.

We are using SAP VMS solution.

A dealer creates a fleet request on the dealer portal. For example, the request consists of 2 items with 20 cars of material #1 and 10 cars of material #2.

Our idea is to copy this request from the portal to a ZFL1 sales order  in SAP.

As a result, we've got ZFL1 sales order with 2 items and multiple quantities.

The problem is SAP VMS can't work well with multiple quantities and multiple items in sales orders.

Therefore, after the ZFL1 sales order is checked and confirmed, it has to be transformed into several ZFL2 sales orders, each with exactly one item and quantity = 1. After that, ZFL2 sales orders participate in the standard SAP SD document flow, with outbound deliveries and invoices, etc.

So, ZFL1 sales order plays an auxilliary role, as we want to have in SAP the exact copy of an initial dealer's fleet request. It is close to quotation or inquiry in its sense.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andrey,

I think there might be missing points in sales & service side of this process.

My solutions depend on change for daily using hours of this process in SAP system..

ZFL1 should be Inquiry, Quotation.. or Contract maybe..  (maybe ZFL1 and ZFL2)

ZFL2 Sales Order                                                               (maybe ZFL3)

......     Delivery, Billing

* Logic is target quantity -> order quantity (separate quantities simply)

In copy control and some necessary customizing, I'm sure your process working in SAP VMS.

According to using time of this scenario which is depend on size of firm in market, it's possible to run this process in one Z screen (ABAP). Program includes item quantity from sales doc created by dealer and few other attributes with combination base of scenario..

I wonder about something, are you using material master data or vehicle master data for this process?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys!

Standard SAP suppose Purchase Requisition (PRq) for many kinds of requests. It gives a possibility to play with further Purchase Order (PO) (join or split or more complicated grouping rules).

So, the process can be like this:

1. Dealer create fleet request in PRq (it can be multiple items & multiple qty) by some web-interface - your ZFL1 object

2. In SAP PRq can be checkked for avaliable stock and convert to PO with groupping rules

3. PO (or POs) can be additionaly passed through release procedure or price calculation and transfer to Sales Order (SO) by IDOC

3. SO will be your ZFL2 object

Prosedure looks quite comlicated, but fit all requirements.