cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing SEM Add-On in SAP GUI 7.40

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have already deployed our SAP GUI 7.40 to a couple thousand desktops and it turns out a few key Financial users require the SEM component to be added on after the fact.

I have tried using the Installation Sever and just create a package specifically for SEM.  When I tested it I saw where the package is incomplete on the installation source. Is the source the Installation server? I really do not know what this means.   My goal is to crate a package a handful of clients can pull from a web menu.  I greatly appreciate some guidance.

Cheers,

Dan Mead

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to resolve this.  Had to revert a couple existing SAP GUI 7.40 back to a lower sapsetup and core patch versions.  Then my package with the SEMADDON worked.  I am not to familiar with the Installation Server scripting side so my package is prompting for selections.  I know there is a way to deploy this with VB Scripting so it key fakes from user input are preset.  If I recall correctly I once used something called Autoit.

Cheers,

Dan Mead

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Dan,

It sounds like  a bug in sapsetup somewhere.

What patch did you revert to?

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the best success reverting back to SapSetup patch 60 with core patch 2 on SAP GUI 7.40 client side.  I had updated my Installation Server to SapSetup patch 69 and core patch 5.  Otherwise I would get the error: This package cannot be installed as it is incomplete on the installation source.

I haven't played around with the Silent install option on the server side.  I would prefer the clients not have to select anything.

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I just checked your ticket.

Strange that it should work for the developer too. I don't feel too bad then.

Interesting, this debuglog switch. I never heard of this before.

Glad you got it sorted in the end Daniel.

Jude