cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to register GW service (BW MDX query)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am not able to register a GW service which was generated using the "redefine BW query service" wizard. Below are the screen shots:

As you can see, I am able to generate all components without any issue and also the register option is enabled and it does give me the dialogbox "you will be taken to other system" but nothing happens after that (i.e it doesn't open the service maintenance window, can't find it in the backend service catalog, registration status remains all grey circles). Nothing in the error logs.

I am using a Hub deployment model with following config:

• GW Hub: SAP Gateway Foundation 7.40 (SAP_GWFND)
  • SAP BW: Release 732 SP 0013 with IW_BEP 200 SP9 and SAP_BW 731 SP13 (which includes SAP note 2013195)

Many thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vivek,

In GW Hub go to transaction /iwfnd/maint_service and add the generated service by selecting appropriate system alias configured to connect to BW system.

Regards,

Ashwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin, the service is not showing up in the backend service list either.

Thanks!

former_member184867
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is most probably due to issue  in system alias configuration or use of an incorrect system alias. For local installation of BW the system alias configuration  is different from non-local installation of Gateway.

Which scenario are you using ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

BW is not local in my setup - I have gateway hub configuration and I am able to publish and see the services created with DDIC/RFC/BOR interfaces using that alias but not the BW based.

former_member184867
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

DDIC import is always local scenario whether the BW is non local scenario. So the system alias has different configuration in both the cases.

I am not sure, but there is a chance of wrong system alias config.

In system alias did you mention the RFC pointing to the BW system and checked the 'for Local App' ?