Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charm ZMCR should not be able to confirm with ZMHF still open

former_member275658
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have an issue where users can set the status of ZMCR to confirmed with ZMHF (Urgent change) still not set to Completed. How can we prevent users from confirming ZMCR with ZMHF still open ?

Users should be able to set ZMCR to confirmed after ZMHF is completed closed.

Can anyone please advise how to configure this solution?

I have set the setting in status attributes for ZMCR (RFC) for status Confirmed (E0006) and mapped it to Specify Required status value for successor with ZMHF to statuses Completed and Withdrawn but still i am able to confirm RFC with ZMHF being in "imported to production status"

Regards,

Salman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Salman,

Question: what status is the ZMCR RFC in when the users can confirm it? I assume it is Implemented. If it is, you can change the configuration to only set the ZMCR RFC to Implemented when the related ZMHF Urgent Change is Completed (E0008) and not Production (E0006). Remove the entry as below:

Make sure that the above entry still exists for ZMHF status E0008. With this change, the ZMCR RFC will not be automatically changed to Implemented status until the related ZMHF is Completed instead of Imported To Production. Thus, the user shouldn't be able to confirm the RFC until the Urgent Change is closed.

Hope this helps and kindest regards,

Paul

former_member275658
Contributor
0 Kudos

Great thanks Paul. This trick worked for us

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Paul,

what if ZMCR has 2 related ZMHF document and one of them is not completed, user be able to confirm ZMCR but one of related ZMHF is still be opened.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anton,

If there are 2 (or more) Change Documents (ZMHF in this case but this should apply to Normal/Admin/General changes as well) related to the same ZMCR, the Request for Change should not be set to Implemented Status until both/all related Change Documents are set to Completed status. The RC should stay in Released For Development status until all CDs are completed.

Kindest regards

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Paul,

how can i do that?

to prevent confirming of ZMCR which has two or more related ZMHF is still opened.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anton,

The change in configuration I detailed above should work whether the ZMCR has one or more than one related ZMHF (or any kind of Change Documents). Are you experiencing differently that the ZMCR can be confirmed when one ZMHF is closed and one is still open?

Regards

Paul

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Salman,

this is not possible with standard customizing.

It can be done with development, though.

You have to implement a ChaRM Condition (BADI SOCM_CHECK_CONDITION) which gets the follow up documents using the document flow and then checks the status of each document. If at least one document is not closed, the condition is not fulfilled.

Then set this condition (SM34, AIC_SETTINGS) as an consitentcy check on the 'closed' status of the change request with 'Abort' if the condition is not fulfilled.

For further information check this SPRO activities:

Best Regards,

Christoph

former_member275658
Contributor
0 Kudos

can anyone please help me ?

I followed this post but still was able to confirm RFC with Urgent change still in open mode.

former_member275658
Contributor
0 Kudos

Just for more information, we have to manually set the zmcr status to confirmed and we do not want to automate this but we want to prevent users from setting zmcr to confirmed with urgent changes still open. Users should be able to manually confirm after urgent changes are completed.

Is this scenario possible and how ?

former_member275658
Contributor
0 Kudos

Can anyone please help me ?