Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP DBTech JDBC: [2048]: column store error: search table error:

former_member209912
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Team

i have gone through so many threads before posting this thread here in the forum. Most of threads says that they will raise to SAP and get back with solution but unfortunately i didnt find any. so i am raising my question here in this forum. request you to please check and help me to resolve the issue.

Issue

I have created a Analytical view with 6 tables joining in Datafoundation. when i am trying to view data, i am getting the below error message. i even tried to see the count(*) also but still i am getting the same error message.

My DB version: 1.00.82.00.394270 (NewDB100_REL)

SAP HANA studio

Version: 1.00.82.0

Internal Version: 1.82.6 (1826)

My question is

1. is it something went wrong by using 6 tables in Datafoundation of analytical view. all tables are joined by using inner join. Instead i need to create separate attribute view for every table and use them in logical join and then later join with DF. please clarify this point.

2.I see that there are some SAP notes talked. so please provide me the steps to resolve the issue.

3. if some one got some answer from SAP, request you to please help me to get the same. so that i will follow the steps to resolve the issue.

4. Further i have kept filter in main fact table and i am not getting error message now. But again when i see that there are only 21588 records only.

Thanks

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The error is caused by a high memory allocation, so at first I would check which allocators are responsible for the high allocation. For that purpose you can have a look at SAP Note 1999997. It will also provide some ideas how to tune high memory consumption in individual allocators. There is also a chance that a newer SAP HANA Revision level will process the request more efficiently.

former_member209912
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Martin

Thanks for your reply.

i had gone through the SAP note given and i am not able to understand the exact point of change needs to be done from my side because there are so many items given SAP note 1999997. As per the note i had checked Delta Merge setting in my system, all are fine..

so can i request you to please let me know the exact changes which i need to do or let me know the places or settings which i need to check. so that i can go ahead and do the same to get the resolution.

thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I said: You have to check at first, which heap allocators are growing particularly much while this query is executed. This information is the basis for further optimization steps.

former_member209912
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Martin

Thanks for your email.

I had gone through the trace and found the execution plan and SQL plan is taking more memory. so i took help of admin guy and the issue is solved for now.

But gain i understand that the issue is mainly with my model design. i am expaining the issue as below. so can you please check and suggest me with alternative approach to follow to get permanent fix.

i have few dimension tables along with the fact table. so i can create a analytical view by using fact table and attribute views(i.e created by using dimension tables avialable) as dimensions. i need to have a input paramenter in analytical view and i need to restrict data by passing that input parameter value to one of the dimension tables.

Here is the issue, i am not able to pass input parameter to attribute view from analytical view.

so right now i have created analytical view by using all dimension tables in Data foundation. so that i can pass input parameter value directly to one of the dimension tables to restrict the data.

so now i want to know is there any other way of doing this, i mean instead of using all tables directly in data foundation of analytical view, is there any other option/alternative approach avialable for doing the same because some times i am getting DB memory issue.

please check and let me know the alternative approach to avoid DB memoery issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think this can better be answered by modelling experts, modelling isn't my personal focus.

former_member209912
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your feedback..

I will wait for reply from modelling experts.

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

so right now i have created analytical view by using all dimension tables in Data foundation. so that i can pass input parameter value directly to one of the dimension tables to restrict the data.

You're using the star-schema in the analytical view the wrong way.

The data foundation is explicitly used to model the facts part.

In fact it is not necessary to explicitly pass variables to the model. It's sufficient to include the filter into the standard WHERE condition.

The OLAP engine is designed to first apply this filter to the dimension and access the fact data based on the remaining data.