Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sampling scheme based on Cumulative Goods Receipt Quantity

sandeep_kumar64
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi QM Gurus,

I have one requirement to calculate the sample based on cumulative goods receipt.

For example, for the first 1 million pcs of material A, sample size should be 100%.

After 1 million upto 2 millions goods total goods receipt of A, sample size should be 50%.

From 2 to 3 million, it is 25% and so on........

I know I have to use DMR and sampling procedures with scheme.

But I could not find any way to create a sampling scheme where I can set Goods receipt quantity.

I can set lot size and sample size but it is not the solution as sample size is based on cumulative quantities received so far.

It would be great if you can share your thoughts and ideas here on how to proceed with standard SAP.

Otherwise, I need to look for some exit to know the total GR qty till date and then call the stages of DMR accordingly.

Thank you.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sandeep_kumar64
Participant
0 Kudos

HI QM Experts,

Please confirm if it is possible to achieve it by standard settings Or do I need enhancements?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Sandeep

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure if I could understand it but if I got it right, what's the issue? GR quantity itself is the Inspection lot Quantity, so sample size will generate accordingly. You may call it either sample size against Lot size, or Sample size against GR quantity.

So yes, you should go with Sampling scheme.

NJ

sandeep_kumar64
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi NJ,

Thank you for your advice.

GR quantity is inspection lot qty.........it is correct. In standard, Sample size is calculated based on this GR quantity and sampling scheme/procedure/DMR.

My situation is, my sampling scheme is percentage based. But lot quantity is tricky.

I wanted to define a scheme where I could say....for first 1.000.000, 100% samples.

I post GR of 100.000 on day 1. sample size 100%

100.000 on day 2..sample size 100%

and so on till day 10 or what ever when total GR qty would be 1000.000...100% sample

Then after 1000.001 to 2000.000 total GR qty, sample size should be 50%

Question here is how I can set this cumulative GR qty in sampling scheme/DMR

I know I can set lot size but it is just the GR qty and nothing to do with previous GRs.

In DMR, I can set number of inspection lots, but not the GR qty. Any setting which allow me to put GR qty in DMR instead of number of lots?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Sandeep

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's tricky!! I believe you have two ways to proceed now,

1. I don't know what is the process you are following but if you're not using a Task list or Material specification, you got to look into 'Manual sampling' against the respective inspection type in the QM view of the material master.

2. Since, chances are less that you follow above process, you might have to go for custom development. You can define different sampling procedures (one for 100% sampling, second for 50% and this way on). Table QDSV has all the data in it.

Now, you got to explore some exit which allows you to choose the relevant sampling procedure based on the total GR done till date during/after the inspection lot generation.

Or, you can store the values of SP in a Z table and fetch the value from there automatically or manually.

NJ

Answers (0)