cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete Master Data

Former Member

Hello,

I am trying to delete Master Data in IBP and I am having some troubles, in particular on deleting a Customer Product in the planning area SAP2.

I have tried both methods:

-  1.  Deleting this relationship Cust-Prod from excel (Master Data-->Manage-->Single-->Customer Product--> Select both and delete--> Ok and Continue)

- 2. Deleting form User Interface (Data Integration-->New Import Job-->CustomerProduct (S2customerproduct) --> selecting the file and getting a "Success" message when deleting.

After that, I  have checked in Master Data-->Manage--> etc that the Customer Product has been deleted successfuly but the issue appears when opening a New Planning view and showing any key figure (like Total Saleable Qty) at Customer Product Level. Here I still see the Customer Product Data I had previosuly deleted.

Is there any Consistency Check procedure in IBP I have to execute? Is there any step I am missing?

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,

Josep Tomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

parveen_kumar6
Advisor
Advisor

Hello Josep

You have deleted the data from the compound master data CustomerProduct, but customer Id and product ID exists in the simple master data types customer and product.

I think the planning level for the key figure Total Saleable Qty has simple master data type referenced instead of compound master data and hence you see the combinations in the excel. Can you review the planning level and master data types included in it?

Thanks
Parveen Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Parveen,

Thanks for your quick response.

The planning level for Total Saleable Qty is PERPRODCUST and not simple master data typet:

Regards,

Josep Tomas Olive

parveen_kumar6
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Josep

Can you go to the planning level screen and check the master data types included in PERPRODCUST?  You would find that the simple master product and customer are selected and not the compound master data CustomerProduct

You can use delete combinations in the excel to get rid of the key figure data and combination.

Thanks

Parveen Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parveen,

In the Planning Level Screen  I see that PERPRODCUST includes CustomerProduct:

I dont want to delete the product or the location Master Data since I am using them for other Products / Location.For example the product 1202 is related to other locations, not only 104.

Thanks!

parveen_kumar6
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Josep

You can use delete combinations to only delete the particular product/customer combination. Open the planning view with PRDID and CUSTID attributes.

Enter the Product and customer ID.

Click On delete.

PS: The PRDID and CUSTID will be referenced from the simple master data in the planning level. Hence, the combination can be created as long as PRDID and CUSTID exists in the simple master data.So there is no inconsistency in the system.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Parveen Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parveen,

Now yes, I could manage to delete them.

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards,

Josep Tomas

Answers (0)