cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QMEL change requires SMP server restart?

former_member188433
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Folks - We use SMP 3.0 SP04 PL2 on Windows 2008.  We have one Agentry WM app deployed.  This app connects to an ERP backend system.

Recently a change was made to a custom include in the QMEL table in ERP (a new date field was added).  Apparently our WM app uses QMEL.

After the change was activated the Agentry app started having issues.  This seems normal to me.  BUT - we had to restart the Windows server to clear the issue (SMP restart did not work). 

Possibly the table definition is cached somewhere in Java?

Has anyone else seen this scenario?  Is there some other way to "adjust" the table definition in SMP?

Best Regards - Jeff

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff - we have encountered exactly the same issue - if you change the structure of the tables in SAP a restart of the SMP service is sometimes required to reload the definitions. Remember the QMEL extensions are normally done in a customer include CI_QMEL which sits in the middle of the table and not naturally at the end as a normal append structure would - so this requires a restart of the SMP service.

Thanks

Stu

former_member188433
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Stu - good to know this is happening elsewhere as well.

Best Regards - Jeff

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

did you check the agentry logs? what is the message in events logs.

former_member188433
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Shivkumar for your reply.
In this case there were no SMP-related errors in the logs.  The developer was able to determine that the application was still using the old table definition.  This resulted in a data mapping issue in the app.  Because of the mapping error, the data failed business edits and the user received an error message from the app regarding invalid data.

It seems logical to me that the SMP app would need to get the updated QMEL table layout.  I am asking how best to do this when a change is made to a backend table that is used by SMP.

Best Regards - Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeff,

Java/SMP does not cache anything. The data only stored in Agentry Database.

Whenever you change(means adding a new field) something in SAP database table same needs to be enhance in Java/Agentry.

Ajitesh