Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Determination of too old wharehouse tasks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Exprerts,

I hope you could give me some tipps to following question regarding EWM 9.2:

We have several queues with many wharehouse tasks in them.

Is it possible to deteerminate "to old" wharehouse task in the system? For example I define that when the warehous task hasn't been confirmed for more than 1 hour, the system'll set some exception or alert or anything else? So an email will be sent to the responsible persons.

PS: I had an idea to write a z-report for this purpose, but I can't imagine that it is not possible with the standard settings.

Thank you very much in advance.

BR

Denis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

question is how you define "to old". If you say it has been created one hour ago and not been confirmed yet, you can find that with a configured measurement service and the according variant (measurement service for the number of warehouse tasks, the variant selects open WTs with a creation date and time you dynamically calculate). This measurement service can  be displayed in the Warehouse Cockpit and it can also trigger an exception code. And with the exception code you can trigger an alert or a workflow.

If you write about queues, you should actually refer to WOs, but that would work the same way.

Brgds

Juergen

---

Want to learn EWM?

Check for EWM courses @ https://training.sap.com/curriculum/scm_ewm

Get a SAP Learning Hub Subscription: https://training.sap.com/shop/learninghub

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

thank you very much for the responce.

Well I've found the possibilitie to display the overdue warehouse task in the Warehouse Cockpit:

And I also found out that as the parameter the Latest Starting Date will be use.

Now I only have a question how I can determinate this LSD in the way LSD = creation time + my_parameter (e.g. 1 hour).

Do you have any tipps may be? As far I know its connected with the ressource management, but I've only seen how I can round this LSD...

Thanks and BR.

Denis

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

the LSD calculation is described here: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ewm93/helpdata/en/f2/c7cb53ad377114e10000000a174cb4/content.htm?framese...

The rounding is an important factor, as usually it is simply not possible to calculate this time exactly (the system can calculate it, but it does not know all actual circumstances).

This overdue calculation is a strange thing, I have never worked with it. The time you enter there is the time WHEN something is overdue (so if you enter 2 hours, it shows you WTs which are overdue in 2 hours). But I do not really understand how this overdue time is calculated. And what you want to do (creation time + your 1 hour) is not possible in the selection there. But this you can actually enter in the "normal" list display of WTs (under "Documents --> Warehouse Tasks"). The selection screen has the creation date, you just create a variant with a dynamic date / time calculation.

In the Monitor you can get a display of overdue tasks, but you where looking for an active process by the system, then the measurement service would be the choice.

Brgds

Juergen