cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the impact of APO location and Manufacturing location on GATP if it is different?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

I have a situation while running GATP if APO location and MNF is same it is working fine and if both are different than it is nor working,

Will you please suggest me why not it is running and does it required some other things do for different APO and MNF location?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sanjeet,

Can you please clarify exactly what you mean when you say "MNF" and "APO location".

APO contains objects called 'locations'.  In most implementations, these locations are logically mapped to some kind of Online Transaction Processing System (OLTP), such as an SAP ERP system, and are then connected via interface (such as Core Interface). 

APO Locations can be mapped to many things in the OLTP: a plant, a warehouse, a customer, a vendor, a shipping point, others.

What is "MNF" to you?  What is "APO location" to you?

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dogboy 49 Sir,

MNF is a Manufacturing location, My client have two condition

1. when and customer is booking order directly in plant then APO location and manufacturing location is same.

2. When customer is booking  sales order in Depo or Port and these Depo and Port and passing these order to plant in that case APO location and Manufacturing location is different.

Now when APO location and Manufacturing location is same all GATP is working, condition 1.

When customer is booking sales order in Depo or Port I mean APO location and Manufacturing location is different then GATP is not working.

SO in these situation what I understood is that while maintaining GATP CVC which location I should take.

Please tell me how system is configure and how I can match with my situation.

Thanks & Rewards,

Sanjeet Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sanjeet,

Please be more specific.

You have Depot called B.

You have Manufacturing site called A.

Are you saying that if you place a sales order against B, that you want it to perform availability checking in A?  Exactly what functionality are you using to achieve this?  RBA?  Or......?

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dogboy 49 Sir,

Client having scenario "Make to Order" in that they are forecasting  the demand--> goes to Demand planning book--> then SNP Optimizer ---> then transfer to Demand planning book--> then transfer to GATP planning book--> then availability check in ECC (Sales Order).

While creating GATP CVC we take APO location in consideration on that APO location taking your example only

Depo- B

Manufacturing Plant-A

If we take A either B, if we take as "A" APO location system will maintain in that way only, and if we take "B" system will maintain according to "B".

Now I want to know form your side which should I take while creating GATP CVC "A" or "B".

What is recommended by SAP.

Thanks & Regards,

Sanjeet Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sanjeet,

What does this mean:

then transfer to GATP planning book--> 

Exactly what type of GATP are you using?

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sanjeet,

Like Dogboy already said earlier: did you already try to use the rules based availability check?

It does exactly what you want to achieve:

• for a sales order that is booked on location B: first do ATP check in location B (but like I understand from your explanation, there will never be ATP in location B)
  • In the rules of a rules based ATP check, you can configure that the location should be substituted with an "alternative" location in case there is unsufficient ATP available in the original location. In your case: substitute location B with location A and to the ATP check in location A.

You can find an in interesting blog with sume explanation about the configuration of RBAtp:

Best Regards,

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dogboy 49 Sir,

We having these process, after SNP (SNP Optimizer - take Some demand is drops some demand So, we take those demand in GATP planning Book and as per lead time in ECC the delivery date comes in sales order after availability check) run we transfer the allocation in GATP Planning Book.

We are not using RBA.

Sir I don't know the "Type of GATP".

Thanks & Regards,

Sanjeet Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alexander Vilain,

We have only two location that Depo or port, both does the same functionality, some order booking done on port or some at Depo so both are same.

Now my client have "Make to Order" Scenario So it will not check at Depo level it should always according to the allocation planning, that is in Plant only.

Can you explain me on Detail about the RBA?

That like you shared is very helpful.

Thanks & Regards,

Sanjeet Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sanjeet,

Here's how to determine what type of availability check you are doing.  Go into ECC, select transaction VA02.  Select an order that is causing you difficulty, execute.  Select the item in question, and perform an availability check (Ctrl-F4).

You should be presented with a screen entitled "APO Availability check: Delivery Proposal (Sales Order)". 

Near the top of the screen there should be several buttons decorated with glasses.  Select "Check Instructions", review the subscreen.  Now, select "Product allocations".  Review the subscreen.  These two subscreens will tell you everything you need to know about the type of ATP check.  In addition, those screens, plus the other eyeglass buttons, will tell you just about everything you need to know about where your problem actually lies.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dogboy 49 Sir,

I have understood every thing you explained me in.

Now these two different APO location and Manufacturing location GATP is working fine.

But.these are many export sales order which having region like Europe and Aisa, for these sales order ATP is not working.

And if the region is West, South,North and East these kind of sales order is working.

Please go through the screen shorts.

Please suggest me what to do with these export sales orders.

Thanks & Rewards,

Sanjeet Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sanjeet,

I have understood every thing you explained me in.

Well, if you did actually understand how your solution works, then it is unclear to me why you have presented these two screens.  I have no idea how your GATP solution has been designed, it is not clear how 'region' is being managed in your solution, so 'region' info is meaningless to me.

What did you find when you followed my instructions?  Post screenshots of all 4 of the eyeglass icon subscreens that I mentioned earlier, maybe then I can get some sense of how your solution actually is supposed to be working.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dogboy 49 Sir,

I have only one concern in GATP that is Region in sales order, I have tried lot to understand if it is domestic order GATP is working but when any Export sales order then ATP and GATP is not working.

So, I want to understand form you what role or Impact have sales region on ATP and GATP.

If you explain this to me it will help me to solve the issue.

Thanks & regards,

Sanjeet Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sanjeet,

So, I want to understand from you what role or Impact have sales region on ATP and GATP.

I will comment on 'Standard SAP'.  If you have an enhanced solution, all bets are off.

1.  In Product Availability check, there could be an impact if you have designed 'region' into your  Characteristics Based Availability check.

2.  In Checking against the Forecast, there is typically no direct impact

3.  In Product Allocation, there would be an impact if you have designed 'region' into your solution

4.  In Rules-Based-Availability check, there would be an impact if you have designed 'region' into your solution.

5.  In Correlation Calculation, there would be an impact if you have created your delivery groups accordingly.

6.  In Capable-to-Promise check, there is typically no direct impact

7.  In Multi-level-ATP check, there is typically no direct impact.

I now intend to conclude my responses on this entire thread.  I can't help you since you are obviously unwilling to share information about the design of your current solution.

Best Regards & Good Luck,

DB49

Answers (0)