cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business area

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am in Sales order and when i type the material and hit enter....it gives me an errorr stating that No business area can be determined for item 10......I have checked the basic settings(def bus area, assi to plant and div, Business area acc assign) in IMG...dont know whatss wrng

PLss help

Maddy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Maddy,

You can do this in 2 ways:

1. As all seniors have suggested mainatin the Business area determination in spro

(also Check whether you have enetred the correct plant in sales order.

that you have entered the)

2. Business area is set as a part of incompletion procedure for item category. go to IMg and remove this assignment or untick Warning.

remove this field from the incompletion procedure. TO do this follow below steps:

Go to Assign Incompletion Procedure:

For Item Category:VUP2

Check the Incompletion procedure assigned.

Then go to Define Incompleteness procedure:OVA2. Select Groups Item to Check procedure assigned to Item Category)

Select Groups - Procedures (Select the required procedure) - FIELDS.

Go to Fields and Remove the required field by selecting and Go to EDIT - DELETE

The unwanted field as you want and save the procedure. Your problem will be solved.

HI Maddy,

You acn do this in 2 ways:

1. As all seniors have suggested mainatin the Business area determination in spro

(also Check whether you have enetred the correct plant in sales order.

that you have entered the)

2. Business area is set as a part of imcompletion procedure for item category. go to IMg and remove this assignment.

Business area: GSBER

Reward if it helps

regards

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maddy,

You can goto ENT STR > Assignement > SD > Assign business area to plant/div or saleas area.

But, if you are working in an IDES system and dont want business area to disturb, you can go to OB65, uncheck the tick against your company code. This will work.

Pl reward if it helps.

Thanks,

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maddy,

In SPRO first go to Sales and Distribution->Basic Functions->Account Assignment/Costing-> Business Area Account Assignment-> Define Rules By Sales Area . Check what rule ure system is using for business area determination. Could be 1,2 or 3 . If 1 , the business area is being determined by plant/division . if 2 , it is from sales area and so on..

Based on the rule go to:

Sales and Distribution->Basic Functions->Account Assignment/Costing-> Business Area Account Assignment and assign the business area either by plant/division or sales area

Reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the plant for item 10 is correctly defined or not as per assignment to business area.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to S&D Assignment,

Define rules by salea area

Assign business area to plant & Division

Assign Business area by sales area

With Regards

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do the assignment for the sales area-Business determination rule - 1 in the img.

Reg,

gopal.