Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change/update Material after non compliant Lot

mohamedyaminezetti
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a question please regarding a client requirement.

The client has a special business process about inspection at the end of the production order.

After an "In process inspection", the client requested the following actions :

* New Production Order creation

* Depending on the quality level of the Lot :

- Decommissioning to another material

- Sale the Lot

Could you please explain how can we handle the decommissioning/declassification to another material ?

For example, we created a Production Order to produce a Metal with 50% of Carbon. But after the inspection performed at the last operation, we realize that the obtained metal is with 30% of Carbon only.

How can we manage that through SAP QM please ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185450
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yaz Yamh,

As per my understanding we can achieve this requirement through the active ingredient management

i.e. we will maintain the class and characteristics which is activated with Organisational area S for calculating the proportional UOM as per the quality results

please refer the below document for better understanding

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-46113

Regards,

Venkatesh..

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There could be other solutions also to this requirement but below is something that peeped in to my mind at the moment,

1. You must be creating production order for material XYZ (which contains 50% Carbon)
  2. So the system will generate inspection lot of XYZ.
  3. Customize the UD codes as per the possibilities of the outcome. For example,
    • UD01 - For Carbon Content between 40% to 50%
    • UD02 - For Carbon Content between 30% to 50%
  4. After carrying out result recording choose the appropriate UD code as per the case.
  5. The information will be documented in system that the material was produced for 50% C but resulted in to 30%
  6. Consider this UD code as input for the material conversion.
  7. Now there is a need to convert the material XYZ (50%C) to material ABC (30%C)
  8. You can customize a new order type for such scenarios where you can consume XYZ and produce ABC directly.
  9. If there is any variation in the raw material (say if ABC is needing some extra raw material) then you can consume that as well in the same order
  10. You can trigger a notification against the inspection lot and can create the tasks for this conversion. Once the ABC is produced then you can close that notification or task.
  11. Material to Material conversion is also another option but I generally avoid using it.

Let us wait for the experts to have more suggestions!

Anand

mohamedyaminezetti
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Anand Rao for this interesting solution.

I will evaluate it and get back here.

If there's another solutions please share.

thanks.

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

JFYI - I have not used 'Variant Configuration (VC)' yet in any of the projects I have worked so far, but this may be an interesting topic which may have the potential to fix your issue with a more streamlined approach.

Otherwise, you already have one good proposal form Anand which you should test and confirm if that is working.

Thanks,

Arijit