Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to see Settings screen on Fiori Client 1.5.0 on iPhone

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We have installed Fiori Client 1.5.0 on an iPhone running iOS 8. According to the Fiori Client documentation (http://help.sap.com/Download/Multimedia/fc13/5297c1f9f34a48808eae78ea3cd73313.html) we can see the Settings screen on iOS by double tapping on the application view. But when we double tap the Settings screen shows only Back, Refresh, Home and Help icons. We do not see the View Log and Settings icons.

Also we are no longer to open attachments from Fiori apps in the attachmentViewer plugin within Fiori Client on iOS - this too was working fine on an older version of Fiori Client. But attachments open just fine on Android and on desktop/laptop systems.

Has anyone else seen this behavior in the current version of Fiori Client on iOS?

Regards,

Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

karanshaheri
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh, Sarabjeet,

Did you guys find an alternative to open the attachments in iOS?

I also have a masked url and unable to open attachments in iOS Fiori Client.

Regards,

Karan.

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

For now instead of using the shortened URL we have configured the full URL in the Fiori Client. With this we are able to open attachments in Fiori Client in iOS.

Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarbjeet and Saurabh,

Did you guys got any update from SAP. We are also facing the same issue. It works with direct URL but gives issues with F5 or Web Dispatcher URL.

Regards

Rajan

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajan,

Even in our case when we configure the full launchpad URL in Fiori Client it works fine, but not with the shortened web dispatcher URL. We have opened an incident with SAP and it is still pending with support.

Regards,

Saurabh

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh;

I was checking the release notes of the fiori client 1.5.0 and found out that it is no more supporting shortened URLs.

You can check point number 3 on this page.

SAP Fiori Client - Release Notes: SAP Fiori Client - SAP Library

more details here Feature Restriction Policy Requirements - Mobilizing Fiori - SAP Library

Regards,

Sarbjeet Singh

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Sarabjeet for this update!

Regards,

Saurabh

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Saurabh;

I am also facing the same case when I am logging in from configured SAP Portal URL (not the direct url of  netweaver gateway ). However when I login using directly configured URL of Netweaver Gateway it is working fine. Even attachments are opening fine.

Are you also using some web dispatcher or other url for fiori client instead of direct call.

I am going to raise a call to SAP for same.

Regards,

Sarbjeet Singh

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sarbjeet,

Yes, we are using web dispatcher to access the launchpad and we configure the web dispatcher URL in Fiori Client. When we do this we are facing the mentioned issue. Since the direct gateway URL is not accessible outside intranet and the mobile devices don't have VPN to access the intranet URL we can't test accessing this in Fiori Client.

We too are raising an incident with SAP for this. I will update this thread once we get a response from SAP.

Regards,

Saurabh

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

I have tested this in my iphone with version iOS 9. I could see all the icons.

Are you able to see the icons when you swipe the toolbar left or right?

Regards, Midhun

SAP Technology RIG

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

We are not able to see anything on swiping left/right. We just see icons for Back, Home, Refresh and Help.

Regards,

Saurabh