cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving Mails - How to configure MS Exchange?

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I've setup the mail inbound process and tested from another SAP system to send to the one, where I did the setup.

Receiving mails works fine and I get them into the inbox.

However, now we want to relay the mails from our exchange-server to the SAP-inbox.

I know it isn't the right place for MS questions, but maybe somebody has already realized the szenario and can provide a solution.

I've discussed with our Mail-team and they told me, that the can not setup this relay, as they would forward it to the same domain and therefore the exchange service would run into an error.

(exchange is using domain company.com and also in scot I have company.com as a domain).

So, how can I setup the exchange to get mails to the SAP?

Thank you very much.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check this thread.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3822522

Regards,

Prithviraj.

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prithviraj,

thank you for that link.

I know this on already - it's my one

But this thread was more about, if I can download mails via POP3 from an server, what isn't possible as far as I know.

Therefore my next step would be, the only possibility which is there as far as I know, to relay the mails from exchange-server to the sap-server.

Kind regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I know there is no direct way to do achieve this. Outlook to SAP. You need to have intermediate entity communicating between SAP and exchange server. 

Please go through the below link and thread for better feasibility.

https://scn.sap.com/thread/3233212

E-Mail - SAP Customer Relationship Management - SAP Library

Regards,

Prithviraj.

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prithviraj,

this seems to be a solution, which picks the mails for CRM out of the outlook, via frontend.
But we need a solution, which feeds the sap standard mail inbox.

Does nobody use the mail inbox of SAP?

Kind regards

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We could solve it, by create a new domain for SAP-System. The Exchange could forward it to there.

Because our problem was, that it wasn't allowed to have the same domain again.

Answers (0)