cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Popup windows field can be pulled on Initial Screen?

0 Kudos

Hello Team,

Currently I am working on Personas 3.0 Implementation project for Client.

Just to understand do we have option of pulling the popup window or field from the Popup screen to fixed location on Initial screen.

Example: If we hit CJ01 and then Open Number - Find open number (Popup window)

So, can we pull Find Open Number window to CJ01 Initial Screen.

If,Yes? How.

Because, customer has such kind on requirement.

Thanks,

Chakri.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

What you are asking for is merging objects from different screens. This is not possible directly, in a drag-and-drop fashion. You can only do this between tabs of the same screen.

However it is possible to use custom fields and scripting to create the illusion of such screen merging, i.e. custom fields would be used on the initial screen that are equivalent to the ones on the popup and then feed these values into the popup via scripting.

0 Kudos

Thanks Tamas.

We have i more query regarding the re-positioning of GUIMODAL WINDOW which was possible in Personas 2.0 whereas currently we are unable to find these Feature in Personas 3.0.

Also, how to theme/Customize  the GUIMODAL WINDOW User Interface.

Kindly, Help us as we are work on client deliverable.

If there is any option available it will reduce the process by 30% of effort.

Thanks,

Chakri.

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Can you give such an example where you want to do this?

0 Kudos

Hello Tamas,

Thanks for Reply.

Please find the attached.

By default, the GUIMODAL Window Appears at Center of the Screen which also overlap the initial screen information.

Default Screen

We would like to reduce the recurring clicks to populate the MODAL by Populating the required data dynamically within the screen to enhances the user Experience.

Currently,SAP Personas 3.0 is not allowing us to change the position of GUI MODAL.

This well is very helpful for makeover of the personas 3.0 and will also enhance the Usability by 65%.

Expected Screen

Please provide us with the solution.

Thanks,

Chakri.

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Repositioning the modal window is possible both in Personas 2.0 and 3.0 but only in runtime. You cannot specify the position in the flavor or via a script. You can only drag the window to a different location manually.

The GuiModalWindow control unfortunately cannot be styled yet.

0 Kudos

Hello Tamas,

When can we expect the requested enhancement from SAP. "AS THIS IS BEEN ASKED VERY OFTEN BY THE CLIENTs". 

Thanks,

Chakri.

former_member195167
Participant
0 Kudos

Instead of trying to change the position of the GuiModalWindow, why don't you change the position of the fields in the main screen. This would prevent overlapping.

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Which one?

To be honest, I haven't heard about customers requesting the repositioning of modal windows... styling the window (meaning the title bar or toolbar / button area) is another matter and I can see why that is important.

I don't know when will it be supported.

Answers (0)