cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLT to SQL Server as Target - change data type mapping

0 Kudos

Hi all,

we have DMIS 2011 SP09 setup on a standalone replication server including all current correction notes. We have a situation where we replicate from SAP ERP towards a non-HANA target, being SQL Server. With the active configuration we can perform transformations via transaction LTRS and it works fine.

What we are still searching for however, is the mass data type change for an entire configuration. Per individual table we are capable of changing the mapping of for instance data type DATS into DATE for the target system in transaction LTRS. When having a HANA system as a target, there is however an extra option called 'Global Mapping Values' which allows to set this for an entire configuration. This way, any table you are replicating as of then that contains a field with data type DATS, will receive the mapped data type in the target. When using SQL Server as a target this option is not present.

The question is: is it currently not supported for a non-HANA target or is there another way of achieving this (entry to make in a table)?

We did try to add an entry in table IUUC_REPL_TYPMAP but this seems to be for target HANA only. This input comes from: http://scn.sap.com/community/replication-server/blog/2013/05/14/how-slt-is-mapping-data-types

Target HANA:

Target SQL Server:

Thanks!

Stijn

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

SergioG_TX
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Stijn, I wasn't aware of SLT from ECC to MSSQL - my apologies. I may have to defer to other experts in SLT for a better recommendation.

0 Kudos

No worries Sergio 😉 Thanks nonetheless!

SergioG_TX
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Stijn, SLT is only supported from sources towards MSSQL not the other way around. for the opposite direction, you may need custom code/web service. SLT works from SAP to HANA, from MSSQL to HANA, from Oracle to HANA, and others. hope this helps

0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

thanks for looking into this. However, target SQL Server is well supported as of DMIS 2011 SP09. All target systems based on SAP released database platforms according to the PAM are supported. It became General Available with the SP09 release.

So the configuration is with ECC as source and SQL Server (non-HANA) as target is valid 🙂

Regards,

Stijn

kalidindiravi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

We were facing similar issues. We have SLT configured for "ODP replication scenario" and we were looking for an option where in we can mass convert all "NUMC" to "CHAR", however the response we received from SAP is that at this stage only SLT configured to HANA have the functionality to mass convert a field and none other scenario is applicable.

So hoping to see this functionality in future releases.

Regards,

Ravi.

0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi, it is in line with what I suspect 😉

Indeed let's hope it is in soon!

Thanks!

Stijn