cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Windows Auth from Lumira BW Data Acquisition Connector to SAP BI Platform

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using the SAP Data Acquisition Connector 1.28.4 with Lumira Desktop 1.28.4. I would like to use a shared OLAP Connection on our local BI platform. However, I am not able to make Windows Authentication work to connect to the BI Platform and download the list of available OLAP connections.

The resulting Windows does not show an error message, just "Not Connected". If I change the Authentication Type to SAP, I am able to authenticate successfully.

I have used Fiddler to trace the network traffic, and I see this message returned from the network call:

"Active Directory Authentication failed to log you on. Please contact your system administrator to make sure you are a member of a valid mapped group and try again. If you are not a member of the default domain, enter your user name as UserName@DNS_DomainName, and then try again. (FWM 00006)"

I have a feeling that on the BI Platform we need to change the settings in the Tomcat configuration as this note suggests:

https://scn.sap.com/thread/3302708

We had to do something similar for the Web Application Container Server (WACS) settings to make the "Save As" work to BI Platform.Still, I would appreciate other ideas and I wanted to document the issue and resolution.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm wondering if that functionality is offered yet; it is not mentioned in the BI Lumira Platform guide http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/lumS4BIP1/en/lumS4BIP_128_admin_en.pdf

Do you have the BI Lumira Platform server installed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, Tammy! Yes, we do have Lumira Server for BI Platform 4.1 up and running. But this actually is not a Lumira Server for BI Platform feature. It's the BW Data Connector extension that allows Lumira to pull data out of BW. This extension allows you to connect to the BI Platform to get the list of shared BW connections from your server.

We got it worked out this morning. It was thanks to this post:

https://scn.sap.com/community/lumira/blog/2015/06/03/configuring-lumira-desktop-for-bip-to-publish-a...

In order to get Windows Auth working smoothly through the extension, we needed to change the local configuration of Lumira Desktop, but we had to include files from the BI Platform. Ideally, there would be a server side change to make this work, but this client side config is something that we can do for the small number of users who need BW. We plan to incorporate it in our package.

0 Kudos

Despite the fact that those instructions were intended for publishing documents, they definitely fit the bill for BW Data Acquisition.  I'd like to either see the BW Data Acquisition Extension added to the Lumira product and these configuration instructions published in the installation guide, or a separate document for the extension that includes this information.

Answers (0)