Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target quantity in sales order

former_member1220769
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have searched the forum and googled quite a lot for getting and answer to this seemingly basic question. So far without any luck. I hope you can help me out.

It's regarding target quantity is available. I wonder:

1. in which scenario's is the target quantity necessary to be used. Example I found are credit memo request
  2. how it's determinated that it should be used. linked to item category settings? schedule line? combination?
  3. how it's calculated?

Many thanks for your help.

Peter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor

You probably did not search in sap notes - if you enter VBAP-ZMENG you will get a lot of results that can help you understand where target quantity is used. Where-used functionality from VBAP-ZMENG can also help you even if a web search does not produce teh desirable results - just review some of the program code.

For me the easiest way to remember the rule is: schedule lines->order quantity; no schedule lines->target quantity.

You may find the following note useful to understand the idea: 328228 - Copying control and transfer quantities.

A hint: quantity/service contracts are also good examples for target quantity.

former_member1220769
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Veselina, Thank you for taking the time to explain all of this. Much appreciated.