Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Trailer record using file content conversion or MTB

NishantChavan
Participant
0 Kudos

Experts,

I have a requirement where I am getting XML with Header and Detail records and I want to convert that into fixed length file and add trailer record (constant value eg "T"). I can convert XML to flat file using FCC or MTB however need help to add trailer record. This is to show its end of the file. The receiver system needs it.

I am trying to achieve this without using mapping and sender system cannot send any XML tag for trailer record.

Thanks,

Nishant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since you dont have mapping I guess FCC is not possible.

Refer the below discussion to FCC without mapping

NishantChavan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuraman,

It looks like you did not understand my questions correctly. I know i can convert XML to Flat file or Flat file to XML using FCC or MTB without mapping. I can even do simple file pass through scenario without mapping.

Here its a requirement to add additional record at the end of the file.  I am just trying to avoid mapping for such a small thing.

ravicarpenter
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nishant,

Generally, the trailer record is the summary of the header and detail data i.e. they contain following:

- Type

- DR amount

- CR amount etc.

Many of the above values are derived from the header/detail like total value to be debited and credited and some are even constants like the record type, DR, CR etc.

Can you try by creating and adding a trailer node in your target xml structure which will always be present i.e occurence 1.1. Then, lets say map the first field (Record type, in this case trailer) to indicative constant (if header and detail are 0 and 1 resply), then trailer record type can be '2' and so on

NishantChavan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Looks like you totally missed my question. I am looking for an option to achieve this without mapping. My trailer has a constant and my output is fixed length file.

Thanks,

Nishant