Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting all batches that are available while checking using CL30N

rvelmurugan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

When I use T.code CL30N for a Class and Class type to find Object in classes for a vendor batch number (to find material batches for vendor batch number)  I am not getting all batches available in this list (ie., in Find objects in class) 

Since when I check one batch using MSC3N, I could see the same vendor batch number (but this is not getting displayed in CL30N).

I request your valuable inputs to overcome this issue.

I have attached screenshot of CL30N and MSC3N

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

R.Velmurugan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please check your user settings if your "maximum hits" parameter is sufficient.

rvelmurugan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ulrich,

Thanks for your immediate response.

I checked the Maximum hits parameter under User settings and found value entered is 100 (attached screenshot).

When I checked Find in Objects for a given Vendor Lot number, I could see display for only 50 Hits. Also I could see there were 12 entries available for another one material (not the material which I have problem). I have attached screenshot of the same.

Can you please advise whether my understanding and checking is correct.

Can you please suggest what could be the problem for not pulling/displaying all batches for a particular vendor lot number.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

R.Velmurugan.

rvelmurugan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ulrich,

Can you please provide more inputs for resolving this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

R.Velmurugan.

rvelmurugan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ulrich,

When I search in CL30N using the batch number (the batch that was missing when I search using vendor lot number) , It shows "No objects found for selection criteria" (attached screenshot).

When I search in CL30N using the material number (Material number of the batch that was missing when I search using vendor lot number), It shows two results but relevant batch is not there. whether object category plays any role? (attached screenshot)

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

R.Velmurugan.

rvelmurugan
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Gurus,

I request your valuable inputs for resolving this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

R.Velmurugan.

rvelmurugan
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Gurus,

Request your valuable inputs on the above.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

R.Velmurugan.

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Velmurugan R,

Can you please compare the batches which are appearing in search versus which don't, please check status and other filed , may be the batches which are not appearing have status un-available, mark for deletion etc.

Thanks

Ritesh

rvelmurugan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

Thanks for your valuable inputs.

I have checked the batches and I could see in MSC3N

1. batch status           - as unrestricted

2. batch deletion flag - not ticked

for both batches appearing and not appearing in search list.

Is this what you meant to be checked ?

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Best Regards,

R.Velmurugan.

rvelmurugan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

I have one more observation.

When I checked the batch change documents (both appearing and not appearing batches in search list)

I could find in the change documents for the batch not appearing, there is a change in vendor batch number happened which is not the case in the batches appearing in search list.

I.e., Change document shows there was one vendor batch number which got deleted and a new vendor batch number is created.

Now when I am checking with new vendor batch number (which is the vendor batch number for all other batches which is entered correctly in first time itself) in CL30N, I am not getting the batch that has a vendor batch number change in the search list using CL30N.

I have attached the screenshot of the same.

I replicated the scenario in test system, but it is not replicating (ie., with change in vendor batch number also batch is getting picked in search list).

I request your valuable inputs.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

R.Velmurugan.

rvelmurugan
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Guru's,

I could find the batch classification status as Incomplete (attached the screen shot) for the batch not appearing in CL30N search list while searching using vendor lot number. This batch classification status incomplete was found due to batch inconsistency.

I could also test by removing this inconsistency for the batch, where in the batch classification status automatically got changed to "Released" status. After then when I search in CL30N using vendor lot number, I could get this batch also in search list (which was not appearing earlier).

Can you please confirm since the batch classification status was "Incomplete" and not in "Released" status, it was not getting selected in search list earlier and whether this is SAP Standard behaviour.

PFA the screen shot.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

R.Velmurugan.

ravi_kumar204
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Velmurugan,

System by default will ignore the batches with status Locked / Incomplete

Refer : Classification Status - Classification System (CA-CL) - SAP Library

You can modify the scope of search -- goto EXTRAS-->USER SETTINGS -->FIND OBJECT (button)  here modify the SCOPE OF SEARCH RESULT.

Regards,

Ravikumar B

rvelmurugan
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ravikumar,

Whether there will be any impact which need to be taken into consideration when selecting "incomplete assignments" and "locked assignments" while searching using CL30N.

Besides a batch having inconsistency what else can set the status to "incomplete".

Thanks for your valuable inputs in advance.

Best Regards,

R.Velmurugan.