cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA deployment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi HANA Gurus,

We have a requirement that SAP HANA needs to be installed as an MCOS setup on a single host for Non PRD systems.

In this regard, i have refered the installation guide and SNOTES , But i am not able to find the recommendations or suggestions for an MCOS setups.

Can you please guide us on the MCOS installation i.e., Installation of Dev, Quality systems on a single HANA box. Is it the same hdblcm needs to be used for each installation or any other tool ? Please share your experiences of deploying HANA as MCOS deployment.

Thanks & Regards,

Ramakrishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Bojan-lv-85
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Ramakrishna,

it's fairly simple. You install as many HANA instances as your Hardware can handle by using the same installation media over and over again, which means, yes, you use the same hdblcm to install another HANA instance.

If you keep in mind that you need to restrict the memory allocation of each instance so that OS memory is not getting exhausted (parameter global_allocation_limit) you should be safe for the beginning.

BR, Bojan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Bojan, Thanks for your reply. 

1. First time when we use the hdblcm from the media, we can go ahead with the new installation.

Do we have any provision or any option with hdblcm to enable or define that later new systems will be added to the same host

2. After the installation of first system , then we if we start using the hdblcm of the resident program, how can we add another system or is it mandatory that we need to user the hdblcm of the media to install the new system again.

3. Regd. the file systems do we need to define separate file system for each system that we install ?

BR,

Ramakrishna