cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how could SAP MII get data from PCoQuery (Socket Agent)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

I used the PCo socket agent to connect a socket server, I have finished demo to be the server with JAVA,

the data is transferred to PCo , but when I tried to transfer the data to SAP MII destination system, it could not

query out the message.

I put my configuration below:

PCo version is 15.0 and SAP MII Workbench 14.0.

1. I checked the connection of SAP MII, it's success.

2.PCo agent Instance:  Here I only set the query port, other tabs just leave the default.   did it be right or not?

3.Start the PCo Instance: The log shows me the agent works all right.

4.SAP MII data server with the type 'PCoConnecter' also was running.

5.PCoQuery:   I got three type of modes: ModeList, TagList, ViewList , I did not know the difference of them,

So I tried all of them. but when I test the query, it gave me nothing every time. In addition, I've got a document

told me that PCo query has another mode named 'TagFixedQuery', but I could not find this mode in my work.

Which version of MII workbench begins to appear this mode?

kind regards,

Kong   

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kong,

1. Please provide the socket configuration for the Socket Source for the server port you want to receive data from.

2. Please provide the Agent Instance Notification Output Parameters that you have defined.

3. Does your MII transaction have an Input Property of type XML? Have you mapped this property the to the Agent Instance Notification?

4. You do not need to use a query template in the transaction to receive the data from a PCo notification -- the data is passed in an XML payload to the input property in 3. above.

Regards, Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi steve,

Thanks for your helpful reply. the problem is MII transaction Input Property , I make a mistake ,using ‘String' instead ’xml'.

PCo socket source as a socket client, We provide a fixed address and port of the socket server.

Does it possible to make the  ‘port’ configurable? If it could not, does PCo provide an another way to get connection with a socket server which the port is stochastic?

Thanks

kong

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kong,

You can use a PCoQuery FixedQueryMode to send Custom Function commands to the Socket Agent from MII. Please see this SCN Article, page 8.

Regards, Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steve,

Thanks for your help, the article is useful.

Best Regards, Kong

Answers (0)